Since the world witnessed the pandemic and people were forced to remain inside their homes, many offline activities went online. One such event which gained immense popularity was the webinars. Various organizations started conducting online seminars, called the webinar.
Let us understand this term and its meaning in detail.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is an online event hosted by an organization or a company to inform people about their growth, products, or roadmap. These events are focused on specific objectives, and organizations try to fulfill those objectives based on discussions with an expert panel. For example, an educational institute can conduct a webinar on “Effects of New Education Policy on Students' Future.” They may invite a jury or ask experienced teachers to express their views on the topic.
Webinar hosts can share Powerpoint presentations, videos, webpages, and other multimedia content with the audiences attending the webinar. A webinar has audio and video components, and the video is shared with the audiences through web conferencing tools. Likewise, the audio content can be accessed through mobile or computer speakers and multimedia players.
Webinars are a two-way process where hosts can interact with their listeners. The audience can ask questions to the speakers in real-time. In addition, they can use messages, chats, and discussion forums to clear their doubts.
The above-mentioned explanation of the webinar elaborates what is webinar. Many people are unclear about webinar meaning; however, this post will help them understand the definition of this term.
How to write feedback for webinars?
Webinar organizers can conduct a survey to know the effectiveness of the session. They can ask relevant questions to the participants through polls, surveys, and open letters. But first, the organizers should understand why they require feedback on the webinar.
Reasons to ask for webinar feedback
Some of the reasons which explain the need for webinar feedback include:
- Feedback helps organizers understand what worked for them. They can understand their audience’s choices and preferences with the feedback survey.
- Organizers can use the survey form to get ideas for future events. For example, they may suggest some topics to their audiences, and in return, the audiences will help them identify the best one.
- When audiences share their opinion, they feel valued. As a result, they are more likely to attend the next event conducted by the organizers.
- Webinar organizers can ask their attendees to share their views about the topic covered. Then they can use this information to promote their upcoming webinars.
Organizations and other webinar hosts can use the following ways to collect feedback.
- Single choice questions
If a host wants to collect information about its attendees' demographics, it can use single-choice questions. They can know the age, gender, location, employment, and marital status of their attendees. This information may help the hosts develop a robust marketing plan for their upcoming webinars. However, they must not influence their attendees to share personal information.
- Multiple-choice questions
Hosts can suggest some topics to their attendees and ask their opinion about the same. Multiple-choice questions will help them understand what their audiences will like to see ahead.
- Open-ended questions
Webinar hosts can ask specific questions to the audiences post-webinar. They can use open-ended questions to know what the audiences think about them. However, open-ended questions are relevant for organizations with a small set of attendees.
Some questions that may be asked include:
- What made you join the webinar?
2. How did you get to know about the webinar?
3. What are the suggestions for us to improve?
Hosts can analyze these questions to understand their audience’s expectations.
- Scale questions
Scale questions are easy to understand and capture authentic feedback. Audiences can rate their experiences on a scale of one to ten.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your experience on the webinar?
2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you think you understand webinar meaning?
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the webinar content?
Webinars are interactive sessions for the attendees. They learn about new topics and share knowledge about the same. Moreover, such events enhance collaboration and help people identify the developments in different sectors. In short, webinars are the updated version of offline seminars, except these are conducted on a web portal.
Vote of thanks speech for webinars
If hosts want to write a vote of thanks speech for the webinar, they must remember a few points. These include:
- Select the right words to write a vote of thanks. Moreover, write it politely.
- Use direct speech to address the audience.
- Start with greeting the audience and Committee members.
- Then express gratitude to the Chief Guest for accepting the invitation.
- Mention all the people you need to thank for attending the webinar.
- Say nice words about the webinar.
- Do not stuff the speech. Be crisp and to the point. At last, thank the dignitaries with polite words.
A vote of thanks speech for the webinar is a speech of gratitude. In this speech, the organizers appreciate the members who attended the webinar and worked for its success.
Tips to conduct a successful webinar
Here are a few tips to become a successful webinar host.
- Pay attention to the sound
Bad audio quality can reduce the effectiveness of a webinar. Therefore, give attention to the sound quality. Keep a technical assistant with you to handle technical issues in real-time. If possible, use an external mic.
- Weave a story
Take stories as a starting note. Build around an incident to establish a personal connection with the audience.
- Practice before hosting a webinar
Practice multiple times before going live on a webinar. Practice keeps you at ease and helps you remain calm during the event.
- Pay attention to your audience
Webinar hosts have less than ten minutes to grab their audience's attention. The tasks become challenging when they have to beat social media and other distractions. Therefore, finding a way to make your audience attentive becomes crucial.
Hosting a successful webinar becomes crucial when every other organization is conducting webinars on industry topics. So find a way to differentiate yourself and make an effort to add value to your audience’s life.
Teachmint is the leading ed-infra provider helping educational institutions improve their efficiency. With our offerings like LMS, attendance management, fee management system, and more, institutes can boost their productivity multifold.