In the modern-day competitive world, with continually increasing working hours and less classroom time, the Ed-tech tools have become an important part to manage precious class time efficiently. Instead of focusing on teaching, teachers are often stuck with completing other formal duties, such as taking daily attendance.
Taking attendance manually and then registering it in files is a time-consuming task as it consumes unnecessary classroom time. To overcome such mundane processes, many school software systems are available to increase the speed of the attendance process and reduce manual work. An online attendance management system is one of them, which is developed to automate daily attendance in school. Additionally, it also helps to maintain accurate records and generates summarized attendance reports.
Online Attendance management system keeps track of daily attendance, working hours, breaks, login, and logout time. It prevents staff's time theft. An attendance management system integrates all attendance devices such as smart cards, biometric, and facial recognition devices in real-time.
Importance of Attendance Management?
The online attendance management system enables schools to record, manage and compile daily students data. Along with helping in student attendance, this software also allows teachers to generate 100% accurate student attendance reports.
The online attendance management software allows schools of all sizes to manage various attendance requirements. This integrated system makes it easy and effective for educators to create daily attendance reports, absentee lists, letters, and other documents almost effortlessly. Student online attendance system enables teachers to mark online attendance of students during class & reduce manual work. It is used to track students' attendance, absentee record, attendance history & other related documents. Student attendance software allows you to record & manage daily student attendance to speed up the daily attendance process.
Key benefits of the online attendance management system
The user interface is very simple. Data storage and recovery are fast and secure. Additionally, many graphic reports are available which makes interpretation of data simple and easy to understand.
- Quick accurate report generation
Various reports such as Student-wise attendance, Day-wise attendance, Class-wise attendance, Month-Wise, Class-Attendance, and much more. can be easily generated quickly. Current and back-dated reports are also readily available
- Zero Errors
Reduction of paperwork and elimination of errors is possible when the attendance process is fully automated.
Key Features Of Online Attendance Management System:
- A simple online attendance app designed and required for all attendance requirements
- Highly capable of storing unlimited student attendance data records
- Completely compatible with both the web & mobile devices
- Only requires an internet connection to run smoothly
- Connects teachers and parents on-the-go
In a nutshell, an automated attendance management system is a quite feasible, extremely reliable, and efficient alternative to manual attendance which tends to consume a lot of the teacher's precious classroom time, which can otherwise be saved!
Some types of online student attendance management system
There are several methods of automating the attendance process and schools can choose a system that suits their requirements the best.
Here are the best ways to automate student attendance in schools.
Online teaching apps are a great tool to provide seamless communication between parents and teachers, and also effectively help in managing student attendance.
Integrating an online teaching app is a great way to reduce a teacher’s burden because of the following three major reasons.
- Firstly, a teacher is able to mark attendance in less than a minute with an effective school management app.
- Secondly, it enables parents to directly send in the leave applications of their kids with the school app. The students who are on leave appear as ‘on-leave 'in the app while marking attendance, and the teacher does not have to think twice about that student status. This significantly reduces a teacher’s time and effort.
- Thirdly, an auto-triggered message or app push notification can also be sent with the school transportation app to inform parents about their child’s whereabouts while traveling. This further ensures added student security & safety.
2.RFID Attendance Management System
The most popular technology in automating attendance is Radio Frequency Identification (RFID). This student attendance management system uses the following simple mechanism and marks attendance of the entire class within seconds:
- Each student is given a smart RFID card having a unique identification number.
- The RFID can be installed at the entrance of the school, classroom, library, or any other important location.
- Students carrying their smart cards simply have to pass through the reader and the reader scans their unique identification number and hence the attendance is marked automatically.
- Since the RFID reader is capable of reading several cards at once, the attendance of multiple students is marked simultaneously.
- The data from the RFID reader is automatically fetched by the integrated school ERP software. Hence, the schools get access to student attendance details of every class and section at once.
3. Biometric Attendance Management System
Another useful and effective online attendance system for students that saves effort, as well as time, is - the biometric system. It works in the following way:
- The fingerprint of each student is saved in the biometric system which is integrated with an educational ERP system.
- The students now simply need to place their finger on the biometric and upon verification with the original fingerprint input stored in the system, their attendance is easily marked.
- Since a biometric system works on fingerprints, which are unique for every individual, there are lesser chances of false or proxy attendance. This makes the biometric system quite accurate and a highly reliable attendance management system.
The easiest way to manage attendance is by using an online teaching app. If your classes are offline, it is advisable to use a school management system.