The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, launched the Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme - DHRUV to identify and encourage talented children to improve their skills and knowledge.
Under the DHRUV program, gifted youngsters will be coached and developed by recognized specialists in many fields in centers of excellence across the country, allowing them to reach their full potential.
Benefits of DHRUV
The Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme was established to discover and encourage gifted students to further their education and abilities. Many of the students chosen are expected to achieve the highest levels in their chosen fields and bring honor to their town, state, and country. Dhruv Tara is the name given to each of the chosen students.
Features of DHRUV
The programme is named after the DHRUV TARA pole star. The program's primary goal is to enable students to reach their full potential and contribute to society.
- The programme will focus on two areas: science and the arts
- The Indian Space Research Organisation will launch the programme (ISRO)
- Around 60 children are chosen from all throughout the country, ranging from Class 9 to Class 12
- The scheme's name, DHRUV, is derived from the pole star "Dhruv Tara."
- Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' unveiled it on October 10, 2019.
- In the presence of the Union HRD Minister, Dr. K Sivan, ISRO Chairman, Wing Cdr. Rakesh Sharma, and Professor K Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India, this Innovative Program was launched at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) headquarters in Bengaluru.
- The initiative will encourage young and talented children to pursue their passions in science, the performing arts, creative writing, and other fields.
The first batch of DHRUV
The DHRUV program's first batch was introduced in October 2019.
In the first batch of the DHRUV program, 60 exceptional students were chosen. To begin, two topics were covered: science and the performing arts. There were a total of 60 pupils, 30 from each location. The 60 students came from all throughout the United States. The pupils were picked from all grades, including government and private institutions, and ranged in age from 9 to 12.
For these children, a 14-day curriculum was designed, with scientific and performing arts students divided into two groups. The scientific students were separated into three groups of ten, while the performing arts students were put into three groups of ten.
In the initial batch, 60 students were chosen for this ambitious program, 30 from each discipline of Science and Performing Arts. The program starts with a tour of ISRO and continues with a stay in Delhi, where the selected students will be coached by renowned specialists. On October 23, the program will come to an end.
Each science stream group was asked to complete a project under the supervision of specialists in the field. Similarly, each group in the performing arts was mentored by cultural icons and was asked to choreograph a show. Themes related to global challenges such as climate change, pollution, and terrorism were assigned to each of the six teams.
This program can assist students to improve confidence and raising awareness and understanding about activities all around the world.
Significance of DHRUV
- The DHRUV will serve as a platform for showcasing the ability of deserving students and assisting them in achieving greatness in their fields of interest, whether science, the performing arts, or creative writing.
- Apart from attaining their full potential, these gifted kids are expected to make significant contributions to society.
- Students from Dhruv Tara will serve as role models for millions of children around the country.
- Many of the students chosen are expected to achieve the highest levels in their chosen fields and bring honour to their town, state, and country.
This type of program will help India become a more innovative country. The new inventors will assist the nation in meeting its goal of a $5 trillion economy in the period allotted. Poverty will not be a barrier to remarkable students' development and achievement.
Teachmint offers the best-in-class education ERP solutions to educational institutes. Do check it out to provide a hassle-free experience to your stakeholders and increase your student enrolment percentage. With our advanced learning management system, you can improve the teaching-learning experience.
Suggested Read: PQRST Method of Studying