Every teacher knows that the best way to engage and retain students is with interactive and engaging content. Interactive and immersive learning environments not only help students learn faster but more thoroughly.
Combining those teaching strategies with the digital board allows teachers to create more engaging projects for their students. This idea has pushed the education boundaries and is revolutionizing how teachers interact with students.
What is a digital board?
A digital board for teaching is an alternative to the traditional black and whiteboards. It is an interactive screen that displays text, images, videos, etc., which helps students visualize content better.
Not only can you utilize digital boards for teaching, but it also provides a foundation for a healthy classroom atmosphere. It allows teachers to show educational content and interact with the students.
This blog explains what makes a digital board an essential teaching tool.
Benefits of using a Digital Board for Teaching
Digital boards have many advantages over traditional teaching methods and are very useful and an essential part of teaching and learning. Here are some of the benefits of a digital board:
- Time-Saving: Digital boards save time, energy, and potential frustration for teachers. For instance, before starting a new lesson, the teacher can change the content on the board, and the students will see the updated version.
- Accessible: Digital boards offer students easy access to all the available online resources. The availability of the internet allows you to reach students from anywhere. This makes it easy for students to connect with you and other classmates.
- Interactive: An online whiteboard is an interactive display system used as a digital board for teaching. It is receptive to touch, so it allows you to draw and write with a pen. You can easily upload and share content using different interactive tools.
- Collaboration: The digital board offers chances for collaboration.
Students can participate in activities in a more hands-on way than in years past. The way students work together when they get to collaborate on the board simultaneously is perfect. When allowed to get up and actively interact, they go from passive listeners to active makers
Since students can post comments and ask questions, they can better grasp . what you're teaching.
You can collaborate with other teachers, students, or parents. You can share documents, voice recordings, screencasts, and interactive activities.
- Easy to Use: Many educators are hesitant to use an interactive board in the classroom. The most common reason for this hesitation is because it seems too difficult to set up and use. But a digital board for teaching is as user-friendly as they come.
- Customizable: A digital board is customizable as per your needs. It allows you to make the tool fit your specific teaching style. Also, you can analyze the goals you've set and measure the progress in real-time.
- Creative: You can make learning fun using interactive videos, images, puzzles, games, concept maps, etc. You can use a digital whiteboard as a survey tool and have students respond to a prompt from the board. You can also post a poll and collect the results on the whiteboard.
A digital board also allows students to take in information more clearly and logically, improving their classroom experience.
- Adaptable: You can integrate your digital board with other tools, including Google Cloud, Zoom, Skype, etc. Moreover, with access to features like advanced lesson structures, student discussion boards, etc., it becomes necessary.
- Easy to follow: Online whiteboards allow you to use several tools to capture students’ attention. Any student will tell you that they find videos more engaging than text. Using videos, images, and other media tools on digital boards helps explain concepts to the students better. Moreover, the visual representation helps them understand and retain those concepts better.
- Cost-Effective: Digital boards offer you a cost-effective solution because you don’t have to purchase expensive books and resources. Also, because technology is so readily available and affordable, investing in e-learning offers more value for money than traditional learning. It’s a one-time investment with low maintenance.
How can a Digital Board be used for teaching?
With so many applications, teaching becomes more manageable with the use of a digital board. Here are some of the applications:
- A digital board allows the projection of words, pictures, and even videos onto a screen. These can be used for individual students, whole groups, or the entire class.
- It allows the teacher to present the conceptual data, insights, and other information.
- It allows teachers to create lesson plans, answer questions, review previous lessons, conduct lectures, or ask students questions during class time. Teachers can also connect with parents and students to facilitate online lessons.
- You can also use digital boards for making important announcements.
- You can create a hub or a space for students to work together on class projects and other activities. It is a place where they can discuss concepts.
The digital board for teaching helps track attendance, study grades, and other performance parameters. It provides students with instant feedback and ensures transparency in the system. You can easily save, share, and embed the learning documents on the digital board. Your students can access the same any time they want.
In this blog, we have looked at so many reasons why a digital board is a powerful teaching tool. Yes, it helps students visualize content better, which provides a better understanding. It also allows teachers to show educational content and interact with the students effectively compared to the traditional blackboards.
Students who learn more naturally can make better use of new resources and technologies. This helps them fulfill their true potential. And so, switching to a digital board for teaching is not an option but a necessity.
Teachmint is keen on changing the future of education with its advanced LMS and ERP tools. With more than 20+ modules for educational institutions like admission management, attendance management system, performance management, and more; it is changing the teaching-learning experience.