Teaching has never been as online-driven as it is now. According to GM Insights, the e-Learning Market size exceeded 250 billion USD in 2020. The report expected it to expand at an exponential CAGR (Compound Annual Rate) of over 21% during the term 2021 and 2027. All these are because of new technologies like VR, AI, etc., and services provided by the teaching apps and LMS. Teaching apps are also making revolutionary changes in the online educational domain by allowing teachers to create smart ed-content and easy-to-access study materials for students. This article will give you a quick walkthrough of what a teaching app is and how they benefit teachers.
Teaching apps are simple application software that teachers can install on their smartphones and laptops and start teaching students remotely. These are apps for teachers willing to teach students online as batches or as individuals. These apps help online educators by providing additional features that make a teacher’s life easy. These apps make it easy for the teachers to organize classes and manage study materials efficiently. Apart from taking live online classes, teachers can also maintain fees, save study materials, upload recorded videos, chat with the student, share homework links, schedule reminders, assignments, and MCQ tests. All of these come with highly encrypted end-to-end security features so that your content, payment, and other details remain secure.
Top Features and Advantages of a Teaching App
Let us now witness some of the essential features and advantages of a teaching app.
- Free/Affordable: These apps are free and allow teachers to teach their students online through the app. Whether you want to conduct your coaching classes or your school classes, the teaching apps help you with all the facilities that a teacher needs during and throughout the teaching lifecycle – everything free of cost. Educators can launch their free branded-level coaching classes online and target unlimited students through these apps.
- Easy-to-Use tools: Such apps for teachers are easy-to-use and provide an excellent interface so that any teacher, even without any technical proficiency, can operate the app with ease.
- Works on any device: Teachers and educators can use these apps on any device (desktop, laptop, smartphones, tablets, etc.), as it requires the bare-minimum configuration to run these apps. These apps are lightweight and work smoothly on any device.
- Teacher and student dashboard: Like all other apps, the dashboard plays a significant role in managing the different aspects of learning in a teaching app. Students and teachers can create their accounts in the platform and start leveraging its benefits to teachers and students. Dashboards place all the features under one screen, making the app an easy-to-use tool.
- Multilingual support: App localization plays a significant role in modern application marketing. Supporting multilingual features broadens the user base and allows reaching a large pool of probable users. If the teaching app targets nationwide users like India or targets global users, the multilingual feature is a plus point.
- Online and pre-recorded classes: Access to the Internet is not an option for all students at all times. That's why teaching apps offer the record and store classes options. Students can later use these recorded sessions to revise the concept and content in case of doubts. Again, such apps also help teachers upload pre-recorded videos through their account dashboard.
- 24x7 Availability: School tuitions and offline coaching have time limits for study. But there are no time limits and time-related barriers for teachers to take classes and students to attend those classes or pre-recorded lectures. The app supports 24x7 classes, and teachers and students can leverage such tools any time of the day.
- Portable learning: Teaching apps can be portable because we carry laptops and mobile phones everywhere. And therefore, teachers can take classes without facing any geographical barrier. The same goes for the students too. Students can attend their teacher's class from anywhere, be it from their grandparents’ house or a family vacation.
- Effortless communication: Just like offline courses, online classes can also create doubts in the minds of students. In such cases, students can chat with their respective subject teachers to clear their doubts any time they want. Chat services in teaching apps give the vibe and comfort of online social media and communication apps like WhatsApp and Facebook. So, students can easily interact with their teachers regarding doubts at any time.
- Regular practice, MCQs, and mock tests: Regular practicing textbook exercises and assessing students through MCQs and mock tests are essential to groom the overall concept. It also helps the teacher understand the ability of the students to grasp a particular concept. Teaching apps come with a state-of-the-art learning management system where teachers can easily create mock tests and MCQ questions and allot them to their respective students.
- Cloud-based storage: Cloud storage is an essential feature that most teaching apps leverage. Leveraging cloud storage helps in providing low-cost data storage, high security, easy backup, and high durability. Because of its pay-as-you-go model, it becomes easy to scale up and down as per user requirements. Cloud storage helps the teaching apps store and share study materials and other assets with ease.
The online teaching platform is a lucrative one. Apps for teachers enable educators to deliver online coaching with all the features required during the teaching phase.