The Secondary Education Department Assam conducts an eligibility examination for selecting and shortlisting Senior Secondary Teachers. The annual examination qualifies an aspiring teacher to apply for government institutions in Assam to teach Classes from 9th to 12th.
Below is a list of necessary details that you may want to be thorough with before applying for Assam TET:
The candidates have to match the set criteria to become eligible to apply for the examination that has been stated below.
The candidate should be above the age of 21 years. There is no specific upper age limit for appearing in the examination.
The candidate must be a national citizen of India. Preferably a resident of Assam state.
The minimum required education qualification for appearing in Assam TET varies depending on the subject an individual is applying to teach for.
- A candidate must have a Postgraduate degree with at least 50% marks along with B.Ed from any authorized and recognized institution.
For Hindi Teachers
- A candidate must have a Ratna/Pravin (Hindi) B.A or P.G in any humanities subject or Hindi with a minimum of 50% marks.
For Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/Urdu/Persian/Arabic)
- A candidate must have B.A/M.M (Arabic)/ Post Graduation in any Arts subject/ B.T or B.Ed with at least 50% marks from a regular college course and recognized institution.
For Classical Teacher (Assamese, Manipuri Language)
- A candidate must have B.A with Honours degree in any relevant subject and B.T or B.Ed from a recognized institution.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the Assam Teacher Eligibility Test by going to the official website of the SSA, https://ssa.assam.gov.in/portlets/teacher-eligibility-test. A sum of INR 500 from General and INR 300 from ST/SC/OBC/MOBC/PWD. The fee is collected through SBI collect or online mode. After successfully submitting the form and fees, the online admit card is created, which the candidate must download and bring with them to the examination. If an applicant has difficulty and has to contact the organization, they will find numerous contact information on their website that are available during certain hours to assist them.
The pattern of the Examination
The exam pattern of Assam TET comprises Paper I and II that is set as per the category for which an individual is applying. An individual has to clear both papers to obtain the Eligibility Test certification. The examination is of 4hours wherein 2 hours are allotted to each paper respectively.
Syllabus for the Examination
It is basic and common for all.
- General English
- Basic maths
- Information about Assam and its people.
Subject-specific that is as per the curriculum of the Senior Secondary standard.
- Commerce stream related subjects
- Science stream related subject
- Humanities stream-related subjects.
How to Prepare?
Just like any other exam, Assam TET also has vast material available to prepare from. An individual can use either online sites and sources or can simply prepare from the prescribed books.
A few books that you can refer to while preparing for Assam TET are:
- Child Development and Pedagogy by Arihant Publication
- Subject-specific NCERT books.
- Language books by Om Prakash and Gyan Singh Publication.
- Subject Specific books by Lucent Publication.
To study effectively for any exam, one should stick to a program or timetable. Similarly, when preparing for Assam TET, you should create a study plan that you should stick to, to finish the course on time and begin practicing as soon as feasible. Once you are finished with the curriculum, practice previous year's questions to keep up with the exam's mechanics and get a better insight into your progress.