Teaching is the profession that generates all other professions. So, if you plan to be a teacher, best of luck because society needs better teachers for a disciplined future society. CBSE is always a frontrunner for providing the latest and relevant teacher training and helps in training future-ready teachers for modern students. The board offers offline and online training sessions. Currently, the body focuses upon online sessions because of the prolonged Covid threat and study-at-home situation from the last two years.
Before delving deeper into training programs and procedures, we must explain CTET in brief. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has made CTET mandatory for all aspiring teachers. It makes sense because knowing the right path is equally significant as the destination.
The CTET was formed according to the provisions under sub-section (1) of Section 23 of the RTE Act. The notification dated 23rd August 2010 and 29th July 2011 was received by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), and clearing the CTET exam became the minimum qualification to become a teacher for Standard I to VIII. (Source: CTET)
CBSE organizes the CTET exam according to the guidelines issued by the NCTE. The exam is like a screening process to assess candidates for schools affiliated with Union Government and State/UT Governments.
Exams and Patterns
The frequency of CTET exam is two times a year:
The CTET exam is held in two shifts:
• Paper 1 to assess candidates for teaching Standard I to V
• Paper 2 to assess candidates for teaching Standard VI to VIII
The exam contains questions and problems on Maths, Science, Vernacular Languages, and Pedagogical knowledge for Child Development.
According to guidelines framed by the National Council for Teacher Education for CTET 2022, candidates need to have passed senior secondary or graduation with a minimum 50 percent aggregate score and a relevant CBSE teacher training program.
After clearing CTET, you can apply to the following schools according to the vacancies available.
- Schools under administrative supervision in UTs such as Chandigarh, Delhi, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and Daman & Diu
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, Central Tibetan Schools, and other such schools affiliated with the Union Government
- Any private schools that need CTET certification
- You can also apply at State Government affiliated schools if they have not conducted their State TET exam.
Note: Do not provide any false information while filling out the form. It could result in forfeiture of CTET certificate, termination of result, and even prosecution in some cases.
In the next section, we will explain eligibility, steps, training programs, and free online training sessions for teachers.
CBSE Teacher Training
CBSE conducts training sessions for aspiring teachers, schools officials, and principals. Please go through the following steps and register for your slot.
Steps for Online CBSE Teacher Training
- Visit the official website of CBSE at https://cbseit.in/cbse/training. You will see a pop-up notification for ‘register for online sessions’. Click and proceed to the next screen. There are no paid sessions available as of now.
- Select the available time slot and location. The slots get full quickly because of the high demand and convenient free online sessions. So, you need to move fast.
- After selecting the training program and the slot, click ‘register’. In the next screen, you will get three options:
1. Login for schools Affiliated with CBSE (for several candidates)
2. Login for Existing Individual Participants
3. New Registration for Individual Participants
- Select one, and in the next screen, fill in all the information required for the registration and ‘submit’
- Complete your verification process with successful payment
- Attend sessions as per scheduled date and time
- Complete all classes and assignments. Get the training certificate and start preparing for CTET.
- Also, ask for feedback from trainers for better performance during exams.
CBSE Teacher Training Programmes
The Central Board of Secondary Education has always been the driving force for quality education at schools. CBSE appoints expert trainers and subject specialists to provide the best understanding of the curriculum and professional mentorship. The programs have been customized to create a pool of expert teachers and a positive impact on students at schools.
This is also essential to improve the teacher-student ratio and implement the true purpose of the Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act (2009).
• Subject Specific CBPS for Secondary School Teachers
The CBSE training program helps candidates to perform their teaching content with an optimum understanding of English, Social Science, Mathematics, Science, and Hindi A. The program has been modeled for overall child development through effective teaching.
Subject Specific CBPS for Senior Secondary School Teachers
The program includes English Core, Accountancy, Business Studies, History, Economics, Vernacular Language, and Python Language Training Programme for Computer Science and Informatics Practices.
General CBPS for Teachers
The program covers Classroom Management, Values Education, Inclusive & Inclusion Strategies, Career Guidance, Gender Sensitivity, Life Skills, Remodelled Structure of Assessment, Adolescent Education, Stress Management, Joyful Mathematics, Leading Transformation (customized for Principals on Leaderships).
Induction programs and conducted for managers and principals.
Prospective Resource Person Programmes
All modules of Subject-Specific CBPS and General CBPS come under the purview of this training program.
Helpline Numbers for Candidates
Training Unit – 011-23214737
Training Director – 011-23216873
Payment Related Query – 011-23211700
IT Unit – 011-23214737
CBSE teacher training programs play a significant role in the fundamental framework of quality education. The Education Act of 2009 also emphasized the importance of teacher training for improving the overall education system. We hope this information about CTET and teacher training will help you to plan your preparation.
Best of luck with your teaching career!