“The only skill that will be important in the 21st century is the skill of learning new skills. Everything will be obsolete over time”- Peter Drucker
We are proud to announce that we have joined hands with OrangeSlates, a teacher upskilling platform, to empower educators across India. With this partnership, teachers can get access to a wide range of courses on Teachmint’s Integrated School Platform app. Through these courses, educators can upskill themselves at their own pace and they can revisit the topics as and when needed.
By learning topics like Managing Special Education Needs, Gamifying Assessments, Bringing Experiential Learning to Classrooms, Interpersonal Skills, Making the Most of Digital Tools like Microsoft Word, and more– educators can grow to meet modern education needs. The courses have the perfect mix of teaching strategies, pedagogies, and the latest tools to help educators upskill themselves and realize their true potential.
What Kind of Courses are Available?
1. Be an Assertive Communicator
Becoming a good communicator is a prerequisite for educators. Having great communication skills will help with:
- Improving relationships with parents and students
- Modeling positive interactions
- Paving the way for holistic education
In this course, educators will be able to understand:
- Communication and its processes
- Importance of active listening
- Nuances of assertive communication
2. Bring Creativity to your Classroom
Creativity brings out the best in students and educators. Intuitiveness will help with:
- Realizing one’s true potential
- Developing high-order thinking skills
- Experiencing personal and professional growth
This course aims to re-ignite the flame of intuitiveness and creativity and make classrooms ready for exploration and experimentation.
3. Interpersonal Skills
Soft skills are becoming crucial in any line of work. Be it leadership, verbal and non-verbal communication, or critical thinking, showing the right skills at the right time makes anyone stand out of the crowd. Interpersonal skills will help with:
- Personal success
- Understanding the sentiments of others
- Improving one’s personality
The course on Interpersonal Skills helps teachers:
- Understand the importance of soft skills
- Improve communication skills
- Give insights into methodological and practical skills for career development
4. Online Graphic Designers
Every student has a unique learning pattern. Some resonate more with visual aids, while others may focus on learning through lectures and audio tools. Incorporating visual tools in classrooms can help with:
- Development of visual thinking skills
- Improvement of classroom collaboration
- Helps teachers explain concepts easily
- Helps students organize their ideas and make thinking visible
This course will help teachers:
- Understand the importance of visual aids
- Get hands-on experience to integrate graphic organizers into classrooms
5. Socio-Emotional Learning in Everyday Classrooms
With the changes in the NEP guidelines, the focus is on developing the socio-emotional skills of students. Attending this course will:
- Help educators get insights into the need for SEL
- Get access to three sample lesson plans based on specific models
- Help teachers explore different options using which they can inculcate SEL skills in regular classroom teaching
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Select a Course & Start Learning
Step 1: Teachmint users can login to the Teachmint App. Download the app here.
Step 2: Click on the Institute button present at the bottom right corner.
Step 3: Click on the Teacher Training option.
Step 4: Click on the Start Course button of your preferred course.
Step 5: Check the course details by scrolling down and start the course by clicking on the Start button.
Step 6: Read through the course instructions & proceed to watch the course videos.
Upskilling of teachers has become the need of the hour. Even NEP 2020 focuses on teachers’ upskilling and development. If educators are trained, they can help students in developing multi-dimensional skills. Also, it will create a collaborative and enriched learning environment.
Step-by-step video tutorial to access these courses: