The Department of Science and Technology (DST) has decided to abolish the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) exams from the year 2022. DST released a notification to inform all stakeholders about the abolishment of the exams. The institution has decided to subsume the KVPY exam with INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research).
INSPIRE is an innovative program that encourages talented students interested in the field of science and technology. However, students need not worry about their fellowship as they will continue to receive the grants as per norms by the DST.
KVPY was a national-level fellowship program that helped students get admission to some of the prestigious institutions in the country. Educational institutions like IISc and IISERs used the test scores to give admission to BS and BS-MS dual degree programs. This national fellowship program was initiated and funded by the DST to promote students willing to get science education. The objective of this program was to help students realize their academic potential and develop their research abilities. Moreover, KVPY also aimed to foster the growth of the best scientific minds.
More about the KVPY program
- The fellowship program was started in 1999 by the Department of Science and Technology to encourage students to make a career in research fields. Students studying basic sciences were encouraged to take advanced sciences and proceed in the field of research work.
- The program aimed to groom the best scientific talent available in the country.
- After selection, candidates were awarded generous fellowship and contingency grants up to the pre-PhD levels or a term of five years, whichever was earlier.
- A core committee looked after the day-to-day and academic aspects of the fellowship program.
- The implementation part of the KVPY program was looked after by a management committee and the National Advisory Committee (NAC).
Teachmint is one of the leading education infrastructure providers in the country. With our advanced learning management system, you can improve the teaching-learning experience. Our offerings like education erp, admission management system, fee management system, and others conveniently digitize educational institutions.
Suggested Read: Communicative Language Teaching - A Guide