A teacher, a student, a book, and a pen has the power to change the world. We are in 2021, time to add a laptop to the list?
The education sector molded its methods to respond and adapt to the rapidly changing market dynamics. The swift transition from a four-wall set-up to a 100% virtual arrangement is impressive and inspiring.
It opened unlimited opportunities for online teaching jobs from home. Many platforms are rolling out lucrative job offers for dynamic online teachers. It is a creative and satisfying job profile that has a glorious scope.
Are you also planning to go for an online teaching job? If yes, this blog post is just for you. Keep reading on as we outline every essential aspect of online teaching jobs for you here.
What is Online Teaching?
Online teaching is a process of imparting education to the students through the internet. Webinars, one-on-one video calls, or group video calls are the popular methods used in online teaching.
Advantages of Online Teaching Jobs
Teaching online from the comfort of your home comes with unlimited benefits. Let us have a look at the advantages of online teaching jobs from home:
- Offers you Liberty: Are you fed up working in a claustrophobic environment that restricts your creativity? If yes, you should go for online teaching jobs from home. It offers you much-needed liberty and authority. You get to design study material, research on the internet, and find innovative ways of teaching. What more can you ask for?
- Be Your Own Boss: You decide your vibe when you are in online teaching jobs. You get to fix your work timings, take classes from anywhere, go on a holiday, and change schedules as per your convenience. In other words, you become the boss, and others will follow your instructions.
- Hassle-Free Profession: You see, teaching is a serious business. A free mind is crucial to conduct classes and explain concepts to the students. Online teaching jobs from home offer you a hassle-free teaching experience. You get enough time to research the subject and make notes for the students.
Did you know that the value of the online education sector in India is 1.96 Billion US Dollars in 2021? This value was barely 0.25 Billion US Dollars in 2016. It is evident that this sector is booming and will not slow down anytime soon.
Many national and international learning platforms are planning to offer more online teaching jobs in the coming years. People who aim to take up online teaching jobs in 2021 can expect some promising career options coming their way in the future.
You can earn a handsome salary by going for online teaching jobs from home.
- A fresher with less than one year of work experience can expect a salary of INR 400 to INR 500 per hour.
- A person with online teaching experience of 2 to 4 years can expect INR 500 to INR 600 per hour.
- Teachers with experience of 5 to 9 years can earn somewhere around INR 600 to INR 700 per hour.
- Teachers with 10+ years of experience can make in the range of INR 700 to INR 1,000 per hour.
- Any person with 20+ years of teaching experience can earn a salary of INR 1,000 to INR 1,500 per hour.
However, several factors also affect the final salary scale in the online teacher jobs. Let us have a look at them.
- The difficulty level of the subjects
- Language competence
- Learning platform and its popularity
- Presentation skills and overall personality
- Hours dedicated to online teaching
- Special skills possessed by the teacher
Are you interested in online teaching jobs from home? Here are the top two ways to step into this profession:
- Registered Tutoring: In this, you can join an already established learning platform as an online teacher. All you need to do is register yourself on these platforms. Once selected, you will get all the course material at your doorstep and gain access to their online tools. It is a safer and easier mode to start with online teaching in India.
- Private Tutoring: You can go ahead with private tutoring. You will need educational apps to support and promote your online courses. can help make your teaching sessions more effective. Apart from this, you can also advertise on online teaching jobs from home in India to increase your team’s strength.
Here is a checklist of the crucial skills that every online teacher should have.
- Excellent Subject Knowledge: Employers will assess you based on the knowledge of the subjects you are applying for. So, make sure you have a good hold on all your subjects.
- Outstanding Communication Skills: Every candidate applying for an online teaching job should have excellent oral and written communication skills. Apart from this, a firm hold on the local language can also give you an edge over others.
- Flexible Approach: As an online teacher, you will be teaching different age groups. Therefore, you need to adopt a flexible teaching approach to cater to diverse age groups and grades.
- Good Teachers Listen Well: Teachers that are proficient in observing and listening understand the unsaid things. Such teachers can play a vital role in developing the confidence and skills of their students.
- Tech-Savvy: Lastly but most importantly, you should have a good understanding of the latest educational tools and applications. It will help you offer a seamless learning experience to your students.
Online teaching is a growing industry that will flourish further in the coming years. Also, please note that online teaching is not limited to academic subjects. If you are a fitness trainer, you can start your Zumba, Aerobics, or Yoga courses online.
Similarly, you can also start your painting, photography, animation, and sketching courses online. Just identify your niche, design your course, brush up on your fundamentals, and you are good to go.
Teachmint is keen on changing the future of education with its advanced LMS and ERP tools. With more than 20+ modules for educational institutions like admission management, attendance management system, performance management, and more; it is changing the teaching-learning experience.