Teachers are a pivotal part of society that holds the hand, opens the mind, and touches the heart of every individual. Today's children are the leaders of tomorrow, and teachers act as stepping stones to nurture these leaders and make them ready for the future. After the COVID-19 outbreak, online learning has witnessed a huge surge in terms of providing the opportunity to gain new skills and expertise.
With colleges and schools embracing the wave of digitization, learning has taken a significant drift. But with this wave, teachers are also required to acclimatize to this change. Here, when the role of the teacher training course and teacher training comes into the picture. Even research and markets forecast the online education market as $350 billion by 2025; this number has accelerated due to COVID-19. In this article, we will discuss in detail why teacher training is a must and the different types of online teacher training courses available that can ensure the best results.
What are Teacher Training Courses?
We believe that a teacher plays a critical role in student achievement. However, to keep the momentum going, teachers need to equip themselves with new abilities to lead their students to succeed in the era of growing competition. Well, a teacher training course helps teachers and educators to enhance their teaching skills, master novel knowledge, and develop better and newer proficiency.
Such teacher training assists them in becoming more confident and fabricates a staunch base for new opportunities. Moreover, it boosts their chance of success and also sustains veteran teachers as they face new challenges in the field of education. Otherwise, due to the lack of training, it becomes difficult to understand the changing dynamics in the education system and eventually students suffer.
Top 5 Reasons why Teacher Training is Necessary
What are the benefits of teacher training? To answer all your questions, here is the rundown of the top 5 benefits of teacher training:
- To build a tech-friendly learning environment:
A teacher training course helps teachers understand the pros and cons of their teaching methodology and gives an opportunity to explore new teaching techniques and multiple new educational avenues backed by modern technology. In this way, they can create a tech-friendly learning environment for students where they do not just learn but also grow.
2. Professional development
These teacher training courses are so designed that impart effective career growth along with Continuous Professional Development (CPD). Teachers remain updated and efficiently map students' learning and academic progress along with refining their skills.
3. Ensure value engagement
The best part of teacher training is that it develops value engagement in teachers that assist them in interacting with different kinds of students at all given points in time and ensure valuable engagement with them. Teachers learn the art of managing students effectively.
4. Dynamic multi-functional role
COVID has forced teachers to become multi-functional in their approach as digital learning is completely different from the traditional education setup. Hence, teachers need to update themselves in different learning systems and styles. With teacher training courses, they can have multiple hats on their head of being a tutor, coach, mentor, guide, counselor, and instructor.
5. Create Engaging Content
Content rules everywhere. Teacher training courses empower teachers to create personalized and customized teaching material for different students with different competencies. They can do away with the concept of 'one size fits all' and engaging content for students.
What are the different types of Online Teacher Training Courses available?
Do you know the best part of teaching in India? Teaching is not only seen as a profession but also as a passion. So, if you are planning to become a teacher and want to upgrade your skills, you can check the following teacher-training courses that are prevalent nowadays.
BA, B.Ed. Integrated Course - It is one of the most popular teacher training courses. This is a dual degree, which is a combination of a Bachelor of Arts (BA) and a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.). Here, you can select the subject of your choice and the duration of this course lasts four years.
- Ed. Management & Administration Course - This online teacher training course aims to teach teachers about education management and administration that can help them to improve their way of teaching and bring positive change in the education system. After completing this course, you can become proficient in managing students effectively.
- Montessori Teacher Training Course- This course trains teachers in Montessori Teaching. The study material is designed to understand and implement the technology of Montessori. It imparts the most deep-rooted understanding of the potential of young children and their capacity to transform the world with their knowledge. Moreover, this course is in demand nowadays due to the increasing need for trained Montessori teachers in India and abroad. Through this course, teachers gain insights on handling the different psychology of students and plan accordingly.
- Primary Teacher Training (PTT) - If you are a primary school teacher and are looking to upgrade your skills to cater to the needs of students efficiently, this course is for you. PTT is a comprehensive course designed for teaching new teaching methodologies required to teach children at primary schools. It employs scientific methods that encourage and guide teachers to transform themselves into skilled expert educators. This Teacher Training Course is available both in online and offline modes. It is a very well-known fact that due to competition; children need professionally trained teachers who can offer both academic skills and effectively manage their emotional well-being.
In a nutshell, these Teacher Training Courses can transform your professional career. Check the requirements of the courses and choose wisely the ones that best suit your requirements.
To bring ease and efficiency to the table, it is of utmost importance to digitize your school. With a brilliant suite of features, the Teachmint Integrated School Platform makes the process of management, teaching, learning, and analysis- easy, effective, and practically consolidated with one another. Check out the features here.