Basic Training Certificate is a two-year NCTE(National Council of Teacher Education, Government of India) recognized certificate program that enables the interested candidates to become a teacher at the primary school. The program helps the candidates to learn all the skills required to ace the role of a teacher.
BTC(Basic Training Certificate) requires a candidate to be-
- A graduate from any recognized university with the minimum passing marks(different colleges may set different percentages of these passing marks, for example, college A may ask for 55% in 10+2 while college B might have it like 45% in 10+2).
- NCTE(National Council of Teacher Education) keeps modifying the rules, guidelines for BTC, and all the colleges with Basic Teaching Certificate courses do follow these guidelines. Hence, the candidates must keep themselves updated about the guidelines by NCTE for the Basic Training Certificate.
- NCTE(National Council of Teacher Education) has not set any restrictions for the candidates based on their age. The candidates belonging to any age group are eligible to enroll for the Basic Training Certificate(BTC).
- Candidates belonging to any stream such as science, arts, humanities are eligible to apply for the Basic Teaching Certificate as the institutions have not set any specific rules for the same.
- The candidates must have all the required documents on the date of admission like 10+2 mark sheets, etc.
Admission Process Of Basic Training Certificate(BTC)
The admission process of the Basic Training Certificate is quite simple, it starts right after a candidate decides to pursue it, the candidates are required to fill an online form for taking admission into the colleges that provide the basic training certificate program. Once the college/university declares the dates for the entrance exam, the candidates have to appear for it. The next step after clearing the basic training certificate entrance exam is document verification part includes the cross-checking of all the required documents such as Class X and XII certificates, Graduation mark sheet/Degree, Registration number and Slip, Recent Coloured photographs, Payment receipt, Caste/ PH certificates(if applicable), etc. Once the university/college accepts all the documents and verifies them, the candidates officially get enrolled in the respective college.
Fee Structure Of Basic Training Certificate(BTC)
The fees of the Basic Teaching Certificate(BTC) are considered to be very pocket-friendly/normal. It generally starts from INR 8000 and might go up to INR 1.3 lakhs for the whole program. People belonging to all the income groups can easily afford it.
Syllabus Overview Of The Basic Training Certificate(BTC)
The basic training certificate program includes-
- Deep understanding of the different teaching methodologies that the teachers might follow.
- Clarity about developing a study plan/courses/curriculum for the students.
- Knowledge about evaluating the students' answer sheets correctly.
- A clear understanding of the principles of teaching.
- Overall understanding of child development techniques and methods.
- Improvement of communication skills and deep understanding of moral education is ensured in the Basic Training Certificate.
Career Opportunities After Basic Training Certificate(BTC)
India within itself has approximately 9,00,000 primary schools and each school needs teachers in order to provide quality education to the students and empower the youth. The condition of these rural primary schools is not really great and the institutions like NCTE(National Council for Teacher Education), as well as the government, keep hiring quality candidates for the schools, hence, constant overflow of vacancies and job opportunities. Other than that the candidates may also start with their own individual teaching classes through online teaching apps like Teachmint. Teaching the students mostly requires an understanding of child psychology, teaching methodologies, study plans, etc, and the Basic Training Certificate program ensures the learning of all of them. Hence, if a candidate is looking forward to being a teacher for the students of primary school(classes one to five), they should definitely go for a Basic Training Certificate program because it's totally worth it.
Benefits of pursuing the basic training certificate program
Totally depending on a candidate's interest, the basic training certificate has to offer huge growth opportunities to the teachers as it improves the standard/quality of teaching. The teachers willing to teach the students of standard first to fifth(1-5) are mostly suggested to go for the basic training certificate(BTC) as it prepares a candidate for the role from the very start and then takes them to the top. The program makes sure that the candidates feel confident as a teacher after the completion of the course.