The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), a national-level scholarship programme, is sponsored by the Indian Government and held by the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) to acknowledge outstanding grade ten students. As the title indicates, it is a chance for class 10 pupils to be acknowledged as the best in the country. Being recognized as the country's genius is a source of immense pride and respect for pupils.
NTSE 2022 EXAM PATTERN
The exam consists of two stages: Stage I, held at the state level, and Stage II, which is held at the national level. The Stage 1 examination is a state-level examination held in all Indian states/union territories. The Stage 2 test, a national exam, is regulated by NCERT. Students who pass the NTSE Stage 1 exam will be able to take the Stage II exam.
Essential Features of the National Talent Search Examination
Here are some essential facts related to the NTSE:
- Students who have got at least 60% in grade 9 are eligible to take the stage I exam.
- Students enrolled in the Open Distance Learning (ODL) programme will also be deemed eligible if they are under the age of 18 on July 1, YYYY (the same year as the exam) and are unemployed at the time of their grade 10 exam.
- There are two versions of the exam paper: Hindi and English.
- Any of the two languages are available to a student.
- The paper is split up into two sections: MAT (Mental Ability Test) plus SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) (Scholastic Ability Test).
- The examination is offline and lasts for four hours (2 hours per section).
- The syllabus of the NTSE exam is based on the academic requirements of 9th and 10th-grade students.
- The exam includes multiple questions with an objective format.
- There are 200 questions in the exam (100 questions in each section).
- There is no negative grading for incorrect answers, and each correct response acquires one mark.
- To pass the exam, reserved category students must achieve a score of 32 per cent, while the minimum qualifying score for general category students is 40 per cent.
- Science subjects, including mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, social science subjects like history, geography, and civics, make up the NTSE SAT syllabus.
- The main goal of the NTSE exam is to provide scholarships to students in grades 11 and 12.
- Around 2000 candidates who want to go for higher studies and enroll in courses related to science and social studies are given a scholarship worth INR 1250 per month for classes 11th and 12th.
- For graduation and higher studies offered by the Indian Government they receive a grant of INR 2000 per month.
NTSE Syllabus: For Mathematics, Science and Social Studies
Below is the curriculum for science subjects that include physics, chemistry and biology:
Below is the curriculum for social studies that includes history, geography and civics:
Below is the curriculum for mathematics:
NTSE Reservation Scheme
The National Talent Search Examination has the following reservation scheme in place:
- Students in the SC category are eligible for a 15 per cent discount
- 7.5 per cent for kids who are classified as ST
- OBC students receive a 27 per cent discount
- 4 per cent for the Physically Challenged group of students, which will include the following:
- 1 per cent will be set aside for people with qualifying disabilities under the following clauses:
- Low eyesight and blindness
- Hearing disability and deaf people
- Locomotor disabilities such as cerebral palsy, healed leprosy, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy
- 1 per cent for people with standard disabilities, as defined by the following clauses:
- Mental illness, autism, intellectual impairment, particular learning disability
- People with multiple disabilities, as defined by language in the job descriptions for each disability
Benefits of Becoming an NTSE Scholar
- IIT-Hyderabad has reserved 15 seats for NTSE scholars
- The National Defence Academy (NDA) gives preference to NTSE scholars in its entrance exams
- Being an NTSE scholar enables you to leave a positive impression on your prospective employment chances
Apart from the benefits mentioned above, clearing the cut-off in the NTSE exam adds incredibly to your profile and helps you prove your merit.