Education quality is a measure of the efficiency of an educational process. Improving the quality of education can help end inequality and terminate the cycle of poverty. Quality education leads people to a healthy and sustainable life and hence forming a peaceful and better society.
India has guaranteed the constitutional right to primary education, which means that students between 8-18 years will receive mandatory and free education from government schools and other state-funded educational institutions.
Major Aspects of educational quality
There are some important aspects of quality education that need to be adopted by every educational institution. They are as follows,
- Equality: Education gives everyone the same treatment by providing the same knowledge and opportunities. One of the main goals of improving the quality of education is to achieve equality so that children from all sections of society get the same education.
- Sustainability: Sustainability of education is the addition of new information in the curriculum. We need to provide education that can promote sustainability. It will provide students with real-world skills which can be used to improve the planet.
- Relevance: The education needs to be relevant or say appropriate. The course taught in the institution should be relevant and provide information that can be useful for their career.
- Balance: It is of utmost importance that a course should be balanced. A course must include all the necessary subjects and extracurricular activities as well. A well-balanced education works on the overall personality of a person.
- Child-friendly: An education should be child-friendly. The course should be easy to understand, fun to learn, and grow their interest in education.
Importance of Educational Quality
Quality of education has a great impact on maintaining the standards of an education system.
- To meet the demands of our highly progressive society, we need to digitize our education system.
- We need to make changes in online learning by adding forums, doubt-solving seminars, and smart boards.
- Enhancing the quality of education also includes the grooming of a personality. Nowadays, educational qualification is not the only requirement. The character of a person is equally important. This is the reason why improving the quality of education is important as it ensures an overall improvement of a person.
All these efforts lead to a better educational quality which in turn leads to a better generation.
Some more reasons quality education is important are:
- A better society: Quality education works on the framework of equality and general fairness. It makes sure that every student learns the meaning of equality. It leads to a generation that doesn't discriminate between gender and community, and hence a better society.
- Poverty: Education is often referred to as the key to escaping poverty. An educated person can get a job and earn enough to feed his family.
Methods of improving the quality of education
The methods to improve the educational quality of the institutions often includes the use of real-life examples in the course materials.
It encourages students to visualize the scientific and mathematical concepts for a better and comprehensive understanding and academic excellence in their academic careers.
Educational quality techniques can be utilized by the teachers/professors to increase the levels of curiosity, enthusiasm, and learning attitudes in the minds of their students. Few methods of achieving quality education are:
- Training teachers: In this highly digitized world, teachers should know how to integrate education with technology. Teachers should be trained to use the new technology to help students understand the lessons.
- Listen to the students: A good teacher should also be a good listener and speaker so that they can help students. They need to understand the requirements of a student and then teach them accordingly.
- Utilization of resources: Nowadays, technology is evolving at a fast rate, and we should learn how to utilize it for better means.
We have started incorporating new technology into the education system for better understanding.
We should use all these resources efficiently to provide quality education to our students. There are several ways to induce digital technologies in education. It will not only improve the quality of education but help students get a gist of new technology. Technology can help in the better understanding of the world and improve the teaching method by adding visual lessons.
- Creating a safe and supportive learning environment: Good teachers are the primary requirement for quality education, but a good environment which supplements learning and growth is also very important. A learning environment must be a safe and supportive space where students can explore the depths of knowledge. A good environment can help build the overall personality of a student.
Effects of educational quality on our society
- We know about the scope and the concept of educational quality, which involves mechanisms to promote the interests of young students. This gives them a well-rounded understanding of the world.
- Preparation of educational courses by subject experts and inspired by the comprehensive learning processes of the modern era gives students a well-rounded understanding of fundamental concepts.
- Quality education also promotes equality that leads to a better society. Education can help us create a society free from the bonds of discrimination, enabling society to progress as a whole.
- Educational quality ensures increasing the technical and academic capabilities of young students and helps them achieve their dreams.
- Inducing extracurricular activities in the curriculum allows students to recognize their talents. It helps them build their skills and decide their career.
- Educational Quality Mechanisms incorporate the technical and traditional methods of learning. It makes education more efficient and effective.
- It also helps introduce children to new technology and learn new things. Educational quality standards must be considered as an essential criterion for determining the quality and consistency of learning processes.
Making small changes can help us achieve greater goals. Improving the quality of education directly leads to a better generation. This new generation will be capable of using the present resources and making a better world for everyone. This is the primary reason education quality is important. Even a little improvement can lead us to greater rewards. Students are the building blocks of this world, and giving them a quality education is equal to investing in a better future.
Teachmint is keen on changing the future of education with its advanced LMS and ERP tools. With more than 20+ modules for educational institutions like admission management, attendance management system, performance management, and more; it is changing the teaching-learning experience.