With advancements in technology, the future of education has taken a 180-degree swing. Owing to this progress, teaching and learning have become more accessible and engaging. The pandemic has contributed immensely to altering the way the exchange of information and wisdom takes place. As we adapt well to the changing surroundings, online education has made our lives easier and given way to endless possibilities and opportunities in a few clicks.
After we rule out the need to be present in physical spaces, online teaching applications allow students across the globe to access any model of education they deem fit from the university or institution they admire. Therefore, modern schools no longer face challenges of space and time owing to the flexibility offered by online education.
The Influence of E-Learning on the Future of Education
Adapting once to the pattern of online education due to the pandemic limitations has opened up newer avenues for teachers and students to learn and engage. Here are some ways in which online education has contributed to brightening the future of education.
- Round the Clock Access to Resources: Earlier, the influence of technology came in the form of smart classes in schools and online portals to share and receive information. However, it has further enlightened the future of education by granting access to online study material through computers and other hand-held devices 24 x 7. The traditional curriculum is not for everyone, but these multiple teaching resources do a great deal in fitting in the comfort zone of learners and encouraging them to learn in a manner most comfortable for them.
- Personalized Learning: Besides making education more accessible, online platforms have also made them more personalized and flexible. The focus in the contemporary world has shifted from traditional courses to customized courses that are student-centric and cater to individual interests. With an open acceptance of the difference in students’ goals, strengths, and choices, the new model promotes a conducive learning environment where they can learn at their own pace. The future of education looks brighter, focusing on the individual student’s requirements and determination to fulfill those in the best possible way.
- Fun-Based Learning: Online education has paved the way for blending entertainment with education to make the whole process flow smoother and render it more exciting for young learners. Replacing the conventional chalk, blackboard and notebook, the evolution into slideshows, videos, podcasts, and audio lectures have led to a complete makeover of the learning process. This smooth transition has reduced the boredom created by the blank classroom walls and added colours and entertainment to the life of learners, encouraging them to engage more and take an active interest in learning.
- Multiple Sources of Knowledge: With online education opening up a plethora of learning platforms for the students, the school/college teacher is not the only source of learning and seeking knowledge, thereby expanding the future of education. A student is welcome to learn about anything under the sun without paying heed to geographical barriers. As a result, along with bookish knowledge, there has been an increased indulgence in skill-based learning.
- Skill-Based Learning Opportunities: Since ultimately, it is the skills that provide employment and growth opportunities, there has been a significant shift from traditional to skill-based learning. Several online platforms offer specialized certified courses in employment-friendly skills to promote the development of a functional skill set. It has led to increased employability and upgraded skills at a young age, making the future of education practical by preparing young adults to land well-paying jobs.
- Creative Skills Learning Opportunities: Along with providing practical employment skills, online education has also cleared the path for students desiring to learn creative skills. Moving beyond the learning provided at school and institutions, infants and scholars can indulge in their creative passions by economizing their time in online education and gaining easy access to creative classes. Thus, together with imparting skills, the technology-friendly environment provides avenues to pursue creative interests and get exposure. Students can seek inspiration and learn from their role models by following them and getting guidance from varied people worldwide.
- Conducive Learning for Introverts: Learning with multiple mediums in online mode has made it easier for introverts to engage and stand out. With a plethora of opportunities coming up in all shapes and forms, they can grasp the best for themselves and step out of their comfort zone. Students can learn without interacting with people and following the conventional ways that expand their gateway to education. With exposure to the different global education patterns and systems, the child is welcome to find their desired medium and mode of instruction. Children can also take constant support from their parents and guardians to overcome any challenges they face while learning.
- Cost-Effectiveness: We cannot neglect the cost advantage that studying online bestows on every individual seeking and providing education. Since the only requirement of online education is the omnipresent smart devices, it has contributed majorly to economizing education. An internet connection makes accessible multiple education sources and at minimal costs. The reduced expense is a motivating factor for several students to pursue higher education and join additional courses. It has made it easier to follow passions and learn more things without worrying about the logistics and financial aspects.
Irrespective of everything happening in the outer world, the education realm has gained stability by diversifying into the online mode of education. It is the driving force lighting up the future of education.
The long yet smooth transition from traditional means of learning to modern, tech-based learning has made the future of education appear shining and filled with opportunities. The ease of attaining education and enhancing the skill set with unlimited entertainment opportunities has made a difference. With extensive knowledge coming our way in a matter of a few clicks, there is a possibility to enhance the skill base and walk towards well-settling careers that students aspire to take up.
Online education connectivity has created strong bonds between people from across the globe and tied everyone into a close-knit community brimming with boundless opportunities.
Therefore, the future of education looks like a shining star high up in the sky yet in its flight to reach higher.
Teachmint is keen on changing the future of education with its advanced LMS and ERP tools. With more than 20+ modules for educational institutions like admission management, attendance management system, performance management, and more; it is changing the teaching-learning experience.