What is NVS?
NVS is one of the most reputed organizations in India and is responsible for the recruitment of teachers in the JNVs(Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya) across India. NVS stands for ‘Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’ and it directly works under the Ministry of Resource Development, Government of India. The main function and responsibility of NVS is to conduct the necessary recruitment process for selecting the right candidates. The exam that NVS conducts for recruiting the candidates is called ‘NVS Recruitment’. It is a national-level exam that ensures the selection of TGT, PGT, Creative Teachers, and FCSA.
NVS recruits deserving candidates for one of the most recognized organizations in India- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. These schools are located across the states of Bihar, Jharkhand, and West Bengal. All the notifications regarding NVS recruitment are updated on the official website of NVS. It is always advisable for aspiring candidates to keep themselves aware of the latest news and updates regarding NVS recruitment.
NVS Vacancy for 2021
According to the recent NVS updates, the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti recruitment board has released the number of vacancies for the year 2020( yet to be released for 2021). Here are the approximate vacancies that the teachers could expect for NVS recruitment 2021-
Post Graduate Teachers- 98 vacancies
Trained Graduate Teachers- 238 vacancies
FCSA- 773 vacancies
NVS Admit Card
The NVS recruitment board releases NVS admit card a few days before the actual exam date. All the candidates who have filled the NVS application form can download their NVS admit card from the official website of NVS. All the candidates must remember downloading their NVS admit cards in order to not face any delays on the final exam day.
Eligibility Criteria for NVS- PGT Posts
- The candidates must hold a post graduate degree from Regional College of Education of NCERT or from any other university that is recognized by NCTE. The candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks.
- The candidates must either hold a B.Ed degree or a four years integrated degree from the Regional College of Education of NCERT or other NCTE recognized institutes.
Eligibility Criteria for NVS- TGT Posts
- The candidate must hold a four years integrated degree from a Regional College of Education of NCERT with minimum 50% marks in the prescribed subject.
- The candidates must score an aggregate of 50% marks(not less than that) or a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks. The candidates must have studied the concerned subject for a minimum of 2 years in their 3 years degree program.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in the concerned subject. The candidate should have studied the concerned subject in all the three years of their graduation program.
Eligibility Criteria for NVS- FCSA Posts
- The candidate must hold a B.E/ BCA/B.Tech/ Degree with Diploma. In addition, they must have qualified the CTET exam.
- The candidates working in the government or government-aided residential schools might have an edge during the recruitment process.
Eligibility Criteria for NVS- Creative Teachers
- The candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field.
- In order to become a bilingual teacher, the candidates should be proficient in both the languages-Hindi and English.
- Candidates having teaching experience in the residential schools might have an edge during the selection process.
- The candidates must hold an adequate knowledge of using computer applications.
Steps To Follow While Applying For NVS Jobs
Step-1- Login on the official NVS website- www.navodaya.gov.in
Step-2- The next step is to click on TGT PGT Vacancy.
Step-3- The third step is to fill the application form by submitting all the required documents.
NVS Recruitment 2021: Salary For Different Posts
NVS recruitment board has set various salary brackets for different teaching posts. Mentioned below are the salaries for four different posts.
- For the PGT posts it is somewhere around INR 30,000 to INR 37,750 per month.
- For TGT posts it is somewhere around INR 30,000 to INR 34,125 per month.
- For FCSA posts it is somewhere around INR 30,000 to INR 34,125 per month.
- For Creative Teachers’ post it is somewhere around INR 30,000 to INR 34,125 per month.
Interested candidates can read more about NVS exam on their official website- www.navodaya.gov.in. All the aspiring teachers should definitely consider appearing for the NVS recruitment exam.
Teachmint offers the most sophisticated integrated school platform for the 21st century, bringing together the most effective elements of teaching, learning, and management together under a single roof. To know more about our features like performance management system, visit our website! Explore the range of our offerings like the lms portal.