"I touch the future. I teach" – Christa McAuliffe
Teachers play a pivotal role in everyone's life as they not only teach us to read the books, instead they teach us to read life. The lessons of a good teacher never end with their class, instead, they stick with the students for a lifetime. Teachers are not only the guiding light for their students but also their well-wishers. From preparing children for exams to worrying more than them for the results, teachers put all their heart into teaching.
To remember, appreciate and thank all the teachers in the world, we celebrate 'World Teacher's Day' on the 5th of October every year. 2021 would be marking the celebration of the 27th 'World Teacher's Day'.
Why is World Teacher's Day celebrated?
Since 1994, on 5th October, World Teacher's Day the world memorializes the anniversary of the adoption of the 1966 ILO/UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers. These recommendations define the rights and responsibilities of teachers, and standards for their initial preparation and further education, recruitment, employment, teaching and learning conditions.
What is the theme of World Teacher's Day 2021?
The pandemic has affected the teaching profession adversely and it's been more than one and a half years since teachers all across the world are trying their best to stabilize the education system and keep it moving. Hence, to showcase the situation of teachers, new policies, teaching strategies, and growth of the teachers the theme for the world teacher's day 2021 would be “Teachers at the heart of education recovery”.
This year, the celebrations for the 27th World Teacher's Day will take place in association with the meeting of the Joint ILO-UNESCO Committee of Experts on the Application of the Recommendations concerning Teaching Personnel (CEART), from 4 to 8 October 2021.
Since it is World Teacher's Day, let us recall a few reasons to be thankful for our wonderful teachers.
5 Reasons To Be Thankful To Teachers
- For Being Patient- It can sometimes get difficult to stay calm as a teacher, especially when you have to deal with and manage young kids. But no matter how tough it may be for them, but the teachers always make sure to remain patient with the students in order to make them feel comfortable. Answering similar questions multiple times can be an example of how teachers stay calm.
- For Being Our Guiding Light- Teachers are the well-wishers of students, and they make sure to guide their students well. Teachers not only help the students in scoring good marks but also in taking the right decisions in life. Many students look up to their teachers for suggesting them the best career options as teachers know their student's strengths and weaknesses well.
- For Correcting Us At Right The Time- Human beings are no computers and hence, they tend to make mistakes. But if corrected at the right time, the mistakes can be turned into learning lessons. This is what teachers do, they correct the students at the right time in order to save them from falling into bigger problems.
- For Believing In Us- Sometimes all a person needs is someone believing in them, having faith in them, and pushing them a little. Teachers very well know the exact time to scold and the correct time to appreciate. A little appreciation or push from our favorite teacher can totally light up our world.
- For Working Hard For Us- Teaching is considered to be the noblest profession, but the other side of the coin is that it is one of the most difficult professions. Teachers need to keep themselves updated in order to pass the correct knowledge to their students. Teachers work hard throughout their life and hence they deserve all the respect in the world.
Teachers believe they have a gift for giving; it drives them with the same irrepressible drive that drives others to create a work of art or a market or a building. – A. Bartlett Giamatti
This World Teacher's Day lets us all come together and thank our teachers for constantly helping us in becoming better versions of ourselves, because as they say- teaching is the profession that creates all the other professions. We wish all the teachers a very Happy World Teacher's Day, keep shining and helping the world shine.
Teachmint is keen on changing the future of education with its advanced LMS and ERP tools. With more than 20+ modules for educational institutions like admission management, attendance management system, performance management, and more; it is changing the teaching-learning experience.