“Almost overnight, the Internet’s gone from a technical wonder to a business must.” – Bill Schrader
The importance and value of online presence and working online was underestimated during pre-covid times. But since the day COVID 19 hit the world and almost every sector shifted its traditional way of functioning to online functioning, the whole world has realized the importance of online presence.
COVID 19 also made everyone realize the importance of mental and physical well-being since COVID 19 tested human beings based on 'survival of the fittest'- Darwin's evolutionary theory. Practicing yoga is undoubtedly one of the best ways to stay mentally and physically fit as-
- Yoga helps in decreasing stress levels
- Yoga helps in relieving anxiety
- Yoga helps in reducing inflammation
- Yoga helps in improving heart health
- Yoga helps in coping up with depression
- Yoga helps with the quality of sleep
- Yoga helps improves breathing
- Yoga helps brightens the mood
- Yoga helps in promoting self-care
- Yoga helps in spiritual well-being
The word Yoga is derived from a Sanskrit word called 'Yuji' which means union, the word yoga totally justifies its meaning as since ancient times yoga is believed to be bringing the mind and body together.
But since everything has shifted online after COVID 19 has hit the world, many yoga teachers have been worrying about the regular commencement of their yoga classes as offline classes have taken a back. No worries, online teaching got your back. Here are some amazing reasons why all Yoga Teachers should go online and take yoga sessions-
- More flexible- Any student can learn using online programs from any part of the world. You can select a time frame in which you are free.
- Less expensive/affordable- Online learning is low-cost. Students don't have to bear the additional expense of travel and tuition fees when they attend classes from their homes.
- Easier Communication- Online education cuts on the unnecessary distraction that would otherwise hamper a traditional class. It makes it easier for them to focus on the theme and subject of the class.
- Larger Groups- Offline classes/traditional classes have a limit on student enrollment/per batch due to insufficient space but online classes/online teaching serves the advantage of adding as many students as the teacher is comfortable teaching or guiding.
As they say- “We have the technology, finally, that for the first time in human history allows people to really maintain rich connections with much larger numbers of people.” – Pierre Omidyar
3 Tips to grow reach as an Online Yoga Teacher
- Stay active on social media- the generation and people living in the 21st century are inseparable from their mobile phones and social media. Hence, it is easy for online yoga teachers to reach out to the potential joiners through their content, and as 'Laura Fitton' says- Focus on the core problem your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm, and ideas about how to solve that problem.
- Share the success stories of your clients- Make sure to share the success stories of your existing clients who have transformed themselves mentally or physically with the help of your online yoga classes because people love reading other people's stories. Some people might even feel inspired by the stories and would want to join your online yoga class.
- Acknowledge the problems & Give solutions- Remember to conduct time-to-time online Q&A sessions or quiz sessions, through which you get to know about the questions your potential clients might have regarding physical or mental health, etc. Make sure to make good use of your knowledge and address their problems in a way that they look forward to joining you.
Adapting to the changing world can be tough, but it is necessary. With the increase in the digital world, online learning has gained popularity. Teachmint is one such platform where online learning is not only helpful to the students but also the working-class people. People who are too busy at work can enroll in these programs and upgrade their skills. Online programs are the future of India. Due to COVID 19, the world has already switched to online platforms. The online learning industry is thriving. It will continue to grow in the coming future. With the developments in data services and low-cost networks, the future of online learning is bright.