IISc Bangalore has invited applications from computer science students for their summer internship program. The Narendra Summer Internship program by IISc is also supported by Microsoft Research, India. The internship program is announced by the Department of Computer Science and Automation.
- The summer internship is open to students studying bachelor’s and master’s courses in computer science and allied fields.
- Each intern will be assisting a faculty member of CSA during the one-month internship period. The expected date to begin the internship is 1st June 2022, and it will end on 31st July 2022.
- Students can choose to experience the summer internship in three modes: in-person, virtual, or hybrid.
- A stipend of INR 10,000 to be provided to the students. However, it would not cover the costs incurred on accommodation and travel. Therefore, students need to bear such costs by themselves.
- Students need to use their laptops during the internship. However, networking and internet resources will be provided by IISc.
The last date to apply to the summer internship program is 10th May 2022, and the results will be announced on 17th May 2022. Students can visit the official website of IISc Bangalore to apply for this opportunity.
Along with the application, interested students need to submit a recommendation letter from a faculty member in the students’ department. Students need to submit the email id of the faculty member, and IISc will directly send the requests to the faculty members. Every detail entered by interested candidates in the application form is subject to verification. After verification of details, shortlisted students will be awarded the internship opportunity.
The application will be reviewed by the committee members in the CSA department of IISc Bangalore. All selected candidates will be notified by the institute through text messages or emails. Moreover, the final list of selected candidates will also be posted on the institute’s website.