In recent times, learning has become increasingly accessible. So, if you're looking to dive into online course development, there are plenty of resources to help you guide through the process. Amidst the pandemic and the onset of digitization, online courses have received a further boost. There is immense competition in the e-learning market with multiple online course platforms. To make your online course platform stand out, you will need to go the extra mile to provide your learners with a unique experience.
Today we will talk about the process involved in creating an online course website. Following this, we will focus on common errors people make when creating their online course website, so that you can avoid these mistakes.
6 Simple Steps To Design Your Online Course Website
By following these simple steps, we guarantee you will be able to bring forth a custom-made online course platform to fetch the attention of your target audience.
- Sound Research: Before building your course website, it is essential to conduct thorough research. Identify the platform that you are going to choose to create and sell your courses. Define the target audience. It will help you streamline the process and deliver the right content based on the learner's expectations. Focus on the skills the target audience wan to acquire, and develop your content in tandem with that.
- Create the content: After understanding the target audience's requirements, you must begin creating the content. It would include selecting the relevant content, structuring it, and choosing the appropriate delivery method. Filter your content and choose the best medium between written content, audio, videos, and activities.
- Design the website: The next step is designing the website with these elements in mind. The aim must be to develop a user-friendly website with simple and easy navigation. Keep technological jargon as minimum as possible and create easy-to-understand content. Besides this, develop a consistent UI to enhance the user experience. It is best to use a platform that can help you create the website and apps with ease.
- Build an online course website: The following step is to build a secure, adaptable, and custom-made online learning platform. The points to be kept in mind while developing the platform are:
- Focus on building a secure platform that keeps the user details safe along with your authorship. Further, you must have a backup system to ensure no data loss in emergencies. Having timely security notifications is also crucial to keep the users and yourself protected from malware. It is best to choose a trustworthy platform to create and sell your online courses. Teachmore, for instance is a great platform to create your own website, app and sell your courses.
- The platform must be adaptable for the students to learn at their own pace and get extra support as and when needed. There should be an opportunity for the learner to seek in-depth knowledge of the concept if they desire to. Further, there should be multiple practice exercises and materials to help them master the concept.
- Build a website to have a unique course structure suitable for the course. Along with this, create a support system that helps 24/7 with any operational problems.
5. Price your services: After finalizing the course, its setup, and the functionality, you must now set up a price for it. Different online course companies price their services in varied manners. Some websites offer the first course for free with charges applicable on the following programs, while others charge a sum on each program. You can also set up a subscription system to help the learners choose courses according to their needs.
7. Test your services: Test your services once the entire process is complete, and you are ready to deliver your services to the customers. To assess the functionality and delivery of the website and course, ask 1-2 people to sign up for the course and sit during classes. If you identify any errors or a gap in delivery, verify it immediately to make your services flawless.
Common Mistakes Made in Creating an Online Course Website
Now that we have looked at the steps to build an online course website, let us go through some common errors people make in building their websites. It will help you avoid similar mistakes and develop a full-proof website.
- Lack of planning: Building an online course requires planning at every step. You need to define the target audience, streamline your content, ascertain the best delivery channels, etc. Without this planning, the course created will fail to deliver effectively, ultimately losing the learner's attention.
- Lack of balance and improper resource allocation: A sizable budget does not solve all the problems. It is essential to allocate the resources efficiently to balance the different steps and investments made. A balance of operations and resources is the key to running a successful course website.
By following these steps and understanding the commonly made mistakes, you can lead your way to an innovative and successful online course website. Besides these general guidelines, you are free to experiment with animation and advertisements that will help bring out your brand image.