Do you want to enhance your business leadership skills and marketability as a working professional and increase the quality and quantity of the jobs you are offered?
In other words, do you want to be a Master of Business Administration from one of the top MBA colleges in the country but do not know where to start?
If yes, you have landed on just the right page. Here we have listed the top MBA colleges in India, taking into account various parameters. Let’s have a look:
1. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B)
Being situated in India’s technological capital, Bangalore (Bengaluru), is one of the most significant advantages that IIM Bangalore enjoys over the other colleges. IIM B is located near some of India’s leading corporate houses that include information technology to consumer product companies.
Features of IIM Bangalore
- It is ranked #2 among India's top 100 MBA colleges in MHRD NIRF 2021 rankings.
- It offers many Massive Open Online Courses through edX.
- It is now accredited by EQUIS, a pioneer International Accreditation Body.
- It now provides a full-fledged MBA degree instead of a post-graduate diploma.
- IIM B takes admission through CAT/GMAT score.
- To get shortlisted, your CAT percentile must be higher than at least 97.
- Shortlisted candidates have to go through personal interviews and WAT processes.
- A candidate's overall score has a higher weightage for Academics, Achievements, and Work Experience.
- Two years of study at IIM B will cost you Rs. 23,20,000.
2. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM A)
The prestigious IIM Ahmedabad is an undisputed king among business schools. It offers two years of full-time PGP-FABM and PGP programmes, besides one year of Executive MBAs, PhD and other programmes.
Features of IIM Ahmedabad:
- It is ranked #1 by MHRD NIRF in the 2021 rankings.
- It is the first business school in India to be accredited by EQUIS. It got its accreditation in 2008.
- The basic admission procedure is the same as IIM Bangalore. However, there some additional requirements.
- IIM Ahmedabad has a unique admission process, where a diverse academic background ranks higher than the CAT percentile.
- Many students from Arts, Commerce and other non-engineering fields have found admission with as low as 80-85 CAT percentile.
- Two years of study at IIM B will cost you Rs. 23,00,000/-.
3. Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)
IIM Calcutta is the first National Institute for Research in Management and post-graduate studies, established by the Government of India in 1961. Today, it has a global reputation for providing world-class management education.
Features of IIM Calcutta
- It has earned three academic accreditations — AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. It is the only MBA college with all three of these accreditations.
- It is the pioneer of the international student exchange programme, which it started in 1999.
- It ranked 3rd among the top 100 B-Schools by MHRD NIRF in 2021.
- It has more than 85 institutes across the world as its partners.
- CAT is the mandatory entrance exam for admission.
- While the institute puts forth a minimum cutoff of 85 percentile, the actual cutoff may go as high as 98.
- After that, shortlisted candidates have to go through a personal interview and a WAT round.
- The fee for PGDM 2020-22 is Rs. 22,60,000
4. Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)
IIM Lucknow is known for its fellowship and executive programmes, and post-graduate diploma’s in management. The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has recognised it as an “Institute of Excellence”. IIM Lucknow is also the mentor institute for newer IIMs like IIM Kashipur, IIM Jammu and IIM Rohtak.
Features of IIM Lucknow
- It has earned accreditations from AMBA and AACSB.
- It sits at rank 7 in the MHRD NIRF 2021 rankings of India's top 100 MBA colleges.
- It is the first IIM to start a satellite campus in Delhi NCR. The campus started in Noida in 2005.
- It boasts of its consistency in delivering 100% placements, with high salary packages being offered by both domestic and international institutes.
- It partners with 35+ business schools across the world for its student exchange program.
- CAT is a mandatory exam for admission. The actual cutoffs range between 98 and 99 percentiles every year.
- The shortlisted candidates have to go through WAT and PIs.
- IIM Lucknow’s two-year PGP programme costs Rs. 19.25 lakhs.
5. Indian School of Business, Hyderabad (ISB)
ISB claims to have evolved from the need for a world-class business school in Asia. One of the top business schools in the country, it is famous for its one-year MBA programme. The Indian School of Business has committed itself to creating world leaders with a global perspective through its innovative programmes and teaching approach.
Features of ISB
- It is accredited by AMBA, AACSM and EQUIS. On May 12, 2020, the AMBA accreditation made it the 100th institution with a triple accreditation feat.
- It offers distinctive programmes, a comprehensive research environment and unparalleled international exposure.
- It has outstanding faculty, unique associations and a world-class campus.
- Taking the GRE/GMAT examination is a must for admission into ISB Hyderabad.
- The shortlisted candidates then have to go through personal interviews.
- ISB is a little costlier than the IIMs. For its one-year course, you pay a fee of Rs. 39,63,000.
6. Xavier’s School of Management, Jamshedpur (XLRI)
Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur, is India's premier private management institute. Founded by Fr Quinn Enright, Society of Jesus in 1949 in Jamshedpur, XLRI boasts of being one of the oldest MBA colleges in the country. It has a global alumni base comprising names who have demonstrated vital leadership roles in their organisations.
Features of XLRI
- It has been accredited by AMBA and AACSB. It has also earned accreditation from the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- It stands #9 in the MHRD NIRF 2020 ranking of the top 100 business schools in the country.
- It boasts consistently delivering 100% placements in the top national and international companies.
- It offers MBA degrees in Business Management, Human Resource Management and Executive-PGDM.
- XLRI conducts its exam—XAT. Only XAT scores are accepted for admission.
- Shortlisted candidates are then called for further rounds, including PIs and WATs.
- A PGDM in Business Management or Human Resource Management in XLRI will cost you Rs. 23.60 lakhs.
An MBA degree is not just an addition to your academic portfolio. It evolves your personality as well to an extraordinary level. We hope this helped you gain some insights into the best MBA colleges in India.
Educational institutes can use Teachmint Integrated School Platform for improving the teaching-learning process. With our advanced learning management system, you can improve the teaching-learning experience. Our offerings like education erp, admission management system, fee management system, and others conveniently digitize educational institutions.
Suggested Read: 5 Benefits of Having a Ph.D. in Education