The Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Human Resource Development to recruit and appoint teachers to schools and other educational institutions. The Teachers Recruitment Board, otherwise known as the TRB, was established in 1987 solely to recruit teachers for government schools and colleges.
How Does The Teacher's Recruitment Board Work?
The Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) is an organization that recruits teachers for schools, colleges, and other educational institutions. It has its headquarters in New Delhi and four regional offices in Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, and Hyderabad.
The recruitment process is divided into two stages: pre-recruitment and recruitment. Pre-recruitment is the selection of candidates for a particular post before they are called for an interview. This is done by conducting mock tests, group discussions, and personal interviews with all candidates who have applied for a job.
After the pre-recruitment stage, candidates are shortlisted based on their performance in these tests. The number of shortlisted candidates will be reduced to those who fulfill the required criteria regarding academic qualifications and experience in teaching.
What are the TRB Recruitment Criteria for Teachers?
The TRB has different eligibility criteria for the various posts for which it finds people. It would be best if you had a degree in education, good communication skills, and an understanding of how children learn.
In addition, there are many different types of degrees that would enhance teachers’ eligibility and effectiveness. Some degrees focus on teaching specific subjects, while others ensure the capability of educating students with disabilities or special needs.
There are a number of eligibility requirements for the TRB recruitment process depending on the position for which the candidate is applying. Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the position. Each teaching job profile has a set of criteria that must be met in order to be considered eligible for the position:
The TRB Application Process
Candidates must ensure that they meet the TRB eligibility requirements before they apply for any of the positions. Those who are eligible to apply for TRB posts should scan all their necessary documents before filling out the online form. The following steps will guide you through the process of applying online:
- Step 1: Visit the TRB's official website to register. Once you receive a unique ID and password, you can begin the application process.
- Step 2: Upon registering, you will be directed to the website where you will be able to log in.
- Step 3: Look for the application form for the TRB. Ensure that all the necessary information is filled in. The application form should be double-checked for spelling mistakes and cross-checked before moving on to the next stage of the application process.
- Step 4: All documents requested by the Board should be uploaded with the necessary conditions.
- Step 5: Please review the form before clicking Submit.
- Step 6: Following the submission, you will be directed to the payment page. You must pay the required application fee in order to complete the application process.
Suggested Read - 5 Ways Superintendents Can Build Strong Good Board Relations
TRB Documents Required
The following documents must be submitted by all applicants for any of the positions. Board specifications must be followed when uploading documents. Applicants for TRB 2022 examinations must be prepared with the following documents.
- An image of the candidate scanned in color
- Certificates of education, whether from the 10th or 12th grade, graduation, or any other grade.
- Candidate's digital signature
- An identification card issued by the government (such as a voter's ID, Aadhar Card, or a driver's license).
- Caste or community-based reservation certificates
- Document proving residency.
- Individuals with disabilities are entitled to submit a Disability Certificate
TRB Admit Card
If you have applied for a position requiring a written exam, your hall ticket will be sent to you online after you submit your application. To obtain information about the TRB examination, aspirants must obtain and consult a copy of the TRB admit card.
At the exam center, you must bring your admit card. Applicants must contact the appropriate authorities if there is an error or discrepancy on their hall tickets.
TRB Exam Pattern
The Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) has released the exam pattern for the Primary Teacher Eligibility Test (PTET), scheduled to be held every year. The board has also released the details of all category-wise papers, weightage and exam duration to provide an overview of the exam pattern.
The PTET will be a multiple-choice paper, where candidates will be required to answer 50 questions from each section of General Studies and General Knowledge to obtain a total of 200 marks. The duration for each section is 1 hour with a cumulative time of 3 hours for PTET, which will be conducted in three sections: Mathematics, English and Hindi.
The PTET Paper Pattern consists of four sections:
- General Studies (50 questions)
- General Knowledge (50 questions)
- Mathematics (50 questions)
- English Language (50 questions).
- Can you tell me what the pass mark is for the TRB exam?
The minimum qualifying mark set by the board is 50% for general categories, 45%for SC/SCA categories, and 40%for ST categories.
2. What is the application process for TRB 2022?
It is possible to download the notification form from the official website www.trb.tn.nic.in. Re-check your eligibility from the downloaded notification.
3. What is the process for getting a TRB hall ticket?
You can download your hall ticket using the steps below. Visit the TRB website www.trb.tn.nic.in. Then click on the link that says TN TRB Admit Card in the updates section.