The Joint Entrance Examination Council, Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP) first came into being in the year 1986-87 for the admission of aspiring candidates to the polytechnic (engineering), technology and management institutions across the state of Uttar Pradesh. The students are admitted to their respective colleges on the basis of the marks they obtain on the admission tests conducted at the state level.
JEECUP Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for attempting the JEECUP exam are pretty straightforward. A candidate who has attained the age of 14 years or above and completed the class 10 examination with at least 35 percent or more is eligible to attempt the exam with no roadblocks or setbacks. An important point to be noted here is that there is no upper age limit to apply for the JEECUP exam, so anyone can apply for the exam at any time if they are willing to learn. There are also some reservation criteria which are listed below.
JEECUP Seat Reservation
The reservation of seats for students in the JEECUP exam is offered to candidates who come under the category of reserved classes. The details of the reservation system in the JEECUP exam are given below.
- OBC Non-Creamy Layer and Other Backward Classes - 27%
- SC (Scheduled Castes) - 21%
- ST (Scheduled Tribes) - 2%
- PwD (People with Disability with 40% or more disability) - 3%
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section) - 10%
Courses Offered Through JEECUP
The courses offered through the JEECUP examination vastly vary in duration. While some courses only take a duration of 1 year, as it is in the case of a PG diploma in management, some other cases have a maximum duration of 3 years, as in the case of Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic) and Technology.
Over the past couple of years, there has been a considerable surge in the number of candidates appearing for the JEECUP examination. This is due to the fact that, after the completion of the courses, the candidates are eligible for various types of jobs in public sector jobs and Industries at a very young age. This can be quite a big deal for the students in Uttar Pradesh because, through the act of passing the JEECUP exam, they are essentially landing themselves an extremely secure job opportunity, something that a lot of India’s youth is striving towards every day.
JEECUP Application Fees
The application fees that have to be paid by the candidates for registering for the JEECUP 2022 are as follows.
For candidates who come under the category General, Unreserved, or OBC, an amount of Rs 300/- is to be paid.
For candidates who come under the SC and ST category, an amount of Rs 200/- has to be paid.
Fee payment for the JEECUP exam can be done through several online media, for example, by Debit card, Credit card, Net Banking, etc. Candidates will also be able to submit a challan on the bank name as shown on the application form.
How to Fill the JEECUP Application Form
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to fill out the JEECUP application form:
- Candidates have to browse the internet and find the official portal of the authority.
- Tap on the “New User Registration” button.
- Tap on the Apply tab and read the instructions carefully.
- Tap on the Proceed button after reading all the necessary instructions with the utmost care, at which point the candidate will be taken to the application page.
- The applicant has to enter all the details requested in the application form. All the requirements for applying are given after this step-by-step guide.
- After filling in all the details, the applicant needs to upload their scanned image in the application form.
- Upload your signature, photo, and left-hand thumb impression as instructed on-screen and press submit.
- After this step, the candidate has to pay the application fees as per their reservation category.
- After the fee payment is done, the candidates must take a printout and keep a copy of the application form.
All You Need Before Sitting Down to Apply for the JEECUP Exam
- Email ID
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
- Mobile number
- Degree exam mark sheet
- Category certificate, if it applies to you
- Aadhaar Card
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
- PWD certificate, if it applies
The JEECUP exam registration will commence on Feb 15, 2022, and the last day to apply without a late fee is April 17, 2022. Corrections can still be made from 18th to 22nd April 2022 after which the hall ticket will be issued on May 29th, 2022. the exam is scheduled from 6 to 9 June 2022, the results of which are scheduled on 17th of June, 2022. Finally, for those who have cleared the exam, the counseling registration will commence on 20th June 2022.
Teachmint is the leading ed-infra provider helping educational institutions improve their efficiency. With our offerings like LMS, attendance management, fee management system, and more, institutes can boost their productivity multifold.