The benefits of the incredible development of digital technology turn enormous each day, streamlining tasks of both large and small industries, including the education industry. A learning institution can now maintain a far better track of a significant amount of important information relating to its key aspects.
It is no longer a hassle for an institute to have everything well organized, whether it be applications, attendance records, course schedules, assessment reports, or invoices relating to monthly tuition fees. Wondering how? The credit goes to a feature-rich Student Information System (SIS) that simplifies the challenging tasks of educators and school administrators.
What is Student Information System? What is the importance of school information system? And how to select the best SIS? Leveraging a customized solution for student information management can far accelerate easy access to vital information. However, this goal necessitates choosing the most reliable features of SIS rather than randomly employing one. It is imperative to get your hands on an all-encompassing, intuitive, user-friendly solution that synchronizes information retrieval and management.
This guide will help you on how to select a SIS and key insights on:
- What is Student Information System?
- How to select an SIS which is best for your institution?
- What is the Importance of School Information Systems?
- What Are the Key Benefits of Student Information System Software?
- How To Solve Common Challenges Faced While Using an SIS?
- Why Teachmint's Student Information System is Schools' Favorite?
What is Student Information System?
What is SIS? It is a software that helps manage the entire lifecycle from admissions to graduation while providing easy access to student details. This web-based or application-based solution helps institutions take student data online for easier management.
It helps pull together all the information of the student on the database and puts it in one place. It enables the administration to take a close look at each and every student and analyze their performance from a bird's eye view perspective.
This innovative solution globally transforms the academic landscape and effectively improves education systems for every institute. SIS keeps track of varied information types concerning students, such as their attendance, course history, grades, fee details, and more, for their entire academic span.
Typically, schools opt for different tools to manage different sections, or they maintain records manually. However, with a school information system, they can manage all information through a single platform. Consequently, the faculty members need not spend their quality time managing students' data. Rather, they can focus on the bigger picture- student improvement.
Is your institution still managing data manually? The tech-savvy era demands a switch, and the features of SIS make it a perfect tool for all educators. Keen to learn why? The following section will help you understand the benefits of student information system and why SIS is the prime need of institutions.
How to Select the Best Student Information Software & 9 Factors You Should Look For
Wondering how to select an SIS? The following section will help you recognize the crucial factors that you must take into consideration before zeroing in on an SIS for your institution. Here are some features of student information management system:
1. Accessibility for All Departments, Students & Parents
An ideal SIS platform provides role-based access. It must enable the teaching staff to monitor each student's academic progress and schedule courses. The staff members responsible for admissions should be able to access the number of applications received and enrollments. If the school wills, it should be able to provide ownership of certain features to parents just to make its operations seamless such as uploading documents and relevant information.
Thus, it is vital to look for a solution that doesn't only function as an internal management system but rather is a valuable source for your students and their guardians. Such a system will help you boost transparency and engagement as well as alleviate issues arising from a lack of collaboration between faculty and guardians.
2. Mobile-Friendly Version
Schools must put in every effort to make managing even the most complex operations a cakewalk for its various departments and staff members. One of the best ways to do so is by selecting highly intuitive SIS software.
A clutter-free user interface and mobile-friendly versions ensure that your team members can readily access information anytime from anywhere. So, investing in a top-notch solution that offers amazing benefits of student information systems on Android, Windows, and iOS smartphones as well as web and tablets, is a must.
3. Readied with Tools for Scheduling
Educational institutions have to organize a series of engaging and entertaining events all year round. Scheduling and managing them is often a challenge for the admins. Schools must seek for the best features of SIS that offer team members the flexibility to create timetables and schedule events without any time clashes.
4. Matchless Academic Management
In addition to scheduling, an SIS should offer marks management to help your academic faculty analyze and boost every learner's performance. Investing in an SIS with a student profile management system equipped with study planning tools is of utmost importance to uplift the overall performance of your school.
The solution you pick must help both students and academic staff in identifying their mistakes and improving their grades, besides managing attendance.
5. Seamless Admissions Procedure Management
Admissions bring in a massive flow of student information. Why burden your personnel with all the data management when you can easily automate tasks with the help of an efficient system to handle the tasks? It's time to experience zero issues when tracking application status, uploading documents, or sending reminders to potential candidates further up in the process.
6. Assistance in Financial Management
Struggling with the management of finances? Opt for an efficient and effective way to track a steady flow of finances via SIS with student finance management features.
It's prudent to choose an integrated solution that helps you keep track of money involved in registrations, admissions, and monthly fees, as well as the living and accommodation expenses of students residing in hostels.
7. Customizable Features
Every academic institute will have its unique set of requirements. The features needed for a high school will be different from those required by a college or university. Therefore, an institution should look for a software that can be tailored to suit your institute's unique requirements.
An SIS equipped with customized functions will be worth every penny. There is nothing like one size fits all. So, choose wisely.
8. Reporting Features
The wisest of institutes know well that information systems with excellent reporting capabilities are a must. What's better than automated systems tracking all information and presenting it all in the form of easily understandable pictorial representations? Your team will be able to gather quality insights into the daily functioning of your institution from their dashboard.
Therefore, it is almost mandatory for all SIS seekers to consider the reporting potential of the system. It must offer reliable student records and reports favoring daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly information overview/insights.
9. Value for Price
A cost-effective solution is one that offers true value for its price. So, instead of sticking to a pre-decided budget, it is imperative to consider whether the SIS tool answers all your requirements at a reasonable price. Ensure you shortlist an integrated platform solution with powerful functionalities to reap a host of benefits.
What is the Importance of School Information Systems?
The following are some common challenges faced by learners and educators when they handle information without a tool. Also, learn how an SIS tool serves as a relief to these problems.
The people who work for the administration department often burn out owing to the immense burden of varying tasks, including:
It is the primary responsibility of the institution's accountant. They manage the flow of money in the institution and how it is utilized for different purposes.
- Challenges: Maintaining manual records is not only time-consuming but is also prone to significant errors.
- SIS Intervention: The accounts module enables the administrator to monitor employee salaries, students' fee records, and inventories. It provides a complete overview broken down by department, costs, and profits. The best part is that school administrators can navigate through different sections within seconds via simple clicks and filters and access the information through the cloud platform at their fingertips.
The fee is an important part of any institution. All the activities in an institution are funded by the fees paid by the students. It is a very important job for the administration.
- Challenges: Fee management during the peak time of the month can be a hectic task. Parents and students have to wait while standing in long lines at the fee counter to deposit their fees.
- SIS Intervention: With the help of the tools in SIS, the administration department and the fee management personnel easily manage the fee transaction, records, analytics, and more. The parents and students can pay their fees from the comfort of their homes. There are various methods for fee payment, such as UPI, credit cards or debit cards, net banking, or e-wallets. The fee management module also helps the administration to send reminders and messages to the students and parents regarding the fees and deadlines. There are various other sections, such as fines, concessions, and scholarships. The administration can easily choose the students and create a list for fines, scholarships, concessions, and other categories.
Students' and staff's safety is the most crucial concern of every institution. School administrators are required to look into the details and ensure that the students and staff commute securely from their places to school and back.
- Challenges: Managing the transportation system via phone calls and manual records is surely a toil.
- SIS Intervention: Using a software for managing the student data, administrators can monitor the school buses. Keep a detailed record of their stops and routes. Detailed information about the bus drivers, the bus numbers, their contact details, and other personal information is also stored in the database. A record is also maintained regarding the details of the staff allotted for a particular bus number and student pick and drop spots. The administration can also easily set the fees for each student and employee based on their trip distance. The software also helps the administration to send important notices or messages regarding the bus schedules or any other changes.
Hostels have a wide range of responsibilities for administrators.
- Challenges: Keeping track of assigned wardens, the number of rooms full, the rooms with space for some more candidates, and other details is a cumbersome task when admins have to look through registers/ hard copies containing information.
- SIS Intervention: Adopting an SIS makes the hostel management process seamless. It helps in the easy allocation of the hostel rooms. It also helps keep the students' attendance track in the hostel. The tools assist the hostel wardens in keeping a record of the various resources needed.
Every session beginning brings along enormous data on applicants, their application status, documents, and more.
- Challenges: Manual data management often leads to losing crucial inquiries and lacking communication between applicants and admins. The process also involves a lot of paperwork which is easily prone to error and data loss.
- SIS intervention: School administrators benefit largely from online admissions processes. The information is acquired when students or parents fill out admission applications online and is automatically saved in the student information system along with the supplied documents. The administration can design a customized form according to their institution's needs. They can use the admission module to set up dates for entrance examinations and interviews. Admission management helps the teachers and administration to keep a record of all the present and past admissions in their institution. The system automatically organizes and stores all of the data, and it is available for quick retrieval as and when necessary.
ID Card Generation
Every school curates IDs for its students. The process involves several steps right, from collecting data, verifying it, designing cards, distributing them, tracking students who have/haven't been issued, and more.
- Challenges: In traditional settings, administrators face several hurdles while creating ID cards. They have to visit different classes to collect and verify information, click pictures of every student, upload them, design the cards, get them approved, and so on.
- SIS Intervention: ID cards can also be issued using the information gathered from the entire SIS database. The features of SIS help in designing a custom ID card for every student. The information on the card can also include parents' contact information in case of any need. The record of each student's ID card can be recorded on a centralized database by the SIS.
Privacy & Security
Institutions are built on trust and reliability. Parents provide valuable details and expect the institution to ensure its privacy and security.
- Challenges: The registers and manually documented files are often easy to access and are susceptible to data breaches. Physically stored data can be lost or corrupted over time. It has no backup.
- SIS Intervention: The best tools come with data privacy settings. Moreover, the data is routinely backed up on the cloud to ensure it can always be recovered. The record files are password protected to safeguard against cyber attacks. The administrators decide the level of access to the different stakeholders. Students, parents, teachers, and the administration have different authorization levels to access the data on the database. There is no chance of data manipulation or data deletion without the authorization of a higher authority.
Schools can exponentially progress if they allot lesser management tasks and more educational responsibilities to their teachers. The importance of school information system is that it helps teachers automate redundant tasks and shift their focus to fostering student knowledge and overall growth.
If there is a task most redundant in a teacher's life, it is marking and tracking attendance.
- Challenges: Manually documenting attendance poses the potential for errors. It is time-consuming and demands effort.
- SIS Intervention: Teachers can complete the entire attendance process online using SIS features. An integrated biometric system with the software can further ease the task. Moreover, the institutions can use other suitable methods of attendance tracking. They can use a barcode system or enter the arrival and departure times in the system. These systems can be integrated with the SIS. The tools collect the data and record it in the database. Furthermore, an efficient SIS also helps track individual student attendance and see analytics through reports. The SIS also helps in preventing the proxy method of attendance. There is also no scope for data manipulation and also less to no scope for human error.
Report Card Generation
Organizing an exam necessitates an overload of documentation. We all waited for our results for several days after completing the examinations. Though the paper-checking process takes time, generating report cards consumes no less in a traditional setting.
- Challenges: Creating report cards, entering data manually, and reprinting them if there is an error are only a few of the several challenges faced in a traditional report card generation process.
- SIS Intervention: It allows teachers to automate the process of mark retrieval from exam papers submitted online. The tools used in SIS reduce the manual work for teachers. They can save time by calculating the marks for each student and each class. There is also less to almost no scope for human error because everything is being computerized. The features of SIS allow the teachers to record all the results and report cards for the present and past sessions. They can easily choose the grading system for performance representation in a report card. Moreover, teachers can view each student's report cards and even exam-wise analyses. The teachers can also add remarks and comments for the students and parents regarding the student's performance. The detailed report cards help the teachers get an idea about what changes they can make in their learning techniques to improve their scores.
No school is complete without a surplus of books in its library. With these books comes the responsibility of managing their record.
- Challenges: Maintaining handwritten records of who issued the book, which books are available in the library, and when the issued ones are likely to come back is too much to ask for from a librarian in today's digitized world.
- SIS Intervention: An efficient system with library management features allows easy allocation of books and helps access records within seconds. The librarian can keep track of all the books available in the library. They also have the record of the books borrowed by each student, their issue date, and return date. Tracking lost books is much simpler with SIS. The librarians can easily look through their collections and place a request for any new books. The SIS also help in maintaining track of the fines imposed on different students. The fines can be imposed for different reasons, such as late book return, damaging the book, losing the book, or any other reason, according to the institution. These fines can be updated in the fee management module.
For Students & Parents
Benefits of student information system are not just important for school faculty; parents and students can benefit too. Students and parents are an integral part of any school or university. Without them, any school or academic institution can not be successful. They always look for a good school or academic institution that can provide them with the best facilities. An effective and efficient system is the best any institution can have for its students and parents.
Parents are often seen as concerned about their child's safety when it comes to going to school.
- Challenges: Parents are often unable to know their child's whereabouts when they head off to school or return from the same.
- SIS Intervention: The admins can provide parents with access to the SIS portal through which they can view details of their child's bus. The parents can have a detailed record of the bus, such as:
- Bus number
- Route of the bus
- Bus stops
- Distance traveled by bus
- The staff on the bus
- Arrival & departure time of the bus
- Name and contact details of the bus driver
The features of SIS also help the parents to track the bus using a GPS tracking system. The parents are also updated regarding any changes or information about the bus.
Both students and their parents realize the true importance of school information system at the time of taking admission to a school.
- Challenges: In traditional settings, parents have to take off from work to get their children enrolled in an institution. They have to rush to the school or place several phone calls for inquiries as well as document submissions.
- SIS Intervention: The days of the long waiting period and standing in queues are long gone. With the help of this system, parents and students can easily enroll for admission in any institution with minimum to no visits to the campus. The forms are available on the portals. The administration or the admission department contacts the parents and students and helps them fill out the form. The documents required can be uploaded on the portal itself. If required, the documents can be submitted physically later. Parents and students can get complete information regarding their admission process, progress, entrance tests and interview dates, and much more from the portal itself. The admins can grant parents, and students access to certain fields in the system. Parents can use the portal to upload documents (and, if required, verify the same).
Parents and students always try to get comprehensive detail about the fee structure of any institution. They also look for an institution that has various modes of payment.
- Challenge: With the conventional method of fee submission, parents and students need to stand in long lines for fee submission. They must also keep physical records of various fee receipts and other documents.
- SIS Intervention: The introduction of advanced technology in institutions' fee management processes has benefited the students and their parents. No more standing in long lines at the institution’s fee office. With the fee management feature of SIS, parents and students can easily pay the fees at their convenience.
The portal also provides a detailed segmentation of the fee structure, including the taxes applied, fines imposed, and any concessions or scholarships provided to the students. The parents and students can pay the monthly fees on time with their desired mode of payment. There are various payment methods from which the parents and students can choose to make the payment. They also receive messages and reminders for the due date to avoid a late fee fine.
The major goal of an institution is to provide quality education to students. Parents expect their children to excel in each academic session and trust the school to help their children to achieve good grades.
- Challenge: Manual report cards do not have enough information about student performance. Paper-based report cards are also susceptible to damage.
- SIS Intervention: With the help of the SIS, the students and parents can get a detailed report about their academic performance. The teachers, administrators, parents, and students can access the report cards. The students can analyze their performance in every subject and other courses. They can focus on achieving better results and the best position in class and the future.
The parents can look into their kids' progress and performance in class. The parents also get to know about their child's class involvement. The parents can try to take proper steps for a better score for their children. The notes and remarks added by the teachers for the students can be useful for the parents and the students for their academic progress.
What Are the Key Benefits of Student Information System Software?
Now that you have a basic idea of the importance of school information system explore the key benefits of this tool before making a choice and know how tools scheduling makes your school managment easier
Improved Evaluation of Student Performance
SIS can organize a student’s performance information much better. Thus, teachers can arrange and oversee the students' performance according to their academic standing, homework completion rate, and attendance history.
An efficient SIS greatly improves the efficiency of managing report cards. Within minutes, administrators can quickly produce multiple report cards for each class. Furthermore, it simply needs just a few clicks for the teachers to add the necessary data and comments on individual report cards. Teachers and administrators are given a chance to maintain documentation of the past sessions' report cards, which is an added benefit of student information system.
Teachers and administrators no longer have to worry about all the different calculations throughout the academic session because the system typically computes the results automatically. How to select a SIS depends on the use of various variables and formulas for automatic calculations, such as the average class score, students' average score, and more.
Teachers and administrators can easily add a list of students and their scores in a complete sheet of class scorecards. They can also view the particular mean scores as a function of the scores calculated by the system.
Every learner's automatically generated reports are reflected on the SIS's integrated dashboard. The visual reports can be found in a graphical format based on the data uploaded by teachers or staff. With access to reporting facilities, the evaluation process gets simpler for teachers. They can therefore help strengthen the particular student's areas of weakness.
Enhanced Employee Productivity
What is student information system worth if it can not streamline all the administrative and academic processes, from fundamentals to challenging procedures. It enables the institution to maintain consistency and enables academic institutions to continue incorporating innovative features, applications, and procedures. Overall, the features of SIS help your institution adapt to new innovations and implement the latest methods effectively.
The features can help improve the management of the admission processes, student performance, and financial assistance. It can make it easy for the institutions to optimize all the jobs and focus on other tasks in the institution. It offers easy access to relevant information and data, thereby facilitating financial and academic activities.
The features of SIS also help in reducing the need for expensive maintenance of both software and hardware parts of the software and sophisticated IT processes.
Teaching and non-teaching staff members can document and save student-related data on the SIS. The information stays on the cloud, ready for access as and when needed. With SIS, the teachers will simply enter the student's registration number, making all the information accessible with a single click.
Contrastingly, in manual systems, the staff has to enter students' information each time. Thus, owing to the time saved, staff employees can concentrate on other crucial activities.
Optimal Parental Involvement
The communication between parents and teachers has to be better and more open. The performance of their children in school and what they are studying should be well-known to the parents. Student management can be made simple with the use of this system. Teachers can contact parents to let them know when a student's behavior or academic achievement has been affected significantly. In this way, parents can engage to help their children if necessary.
Parental supervision is just as important as teacher engagement in determining student achievement. Teachers and parents may easily communicate with one another using SIS, and they can utilize this system to evaluate and analyze techniques for improving their children's performance levels. Using SIS, parents can be alerted about assignments or other academic information.
The parents are also updated through messages and notifications about the other school operations, such as fee submission, transportation, hostel details, etc. The system also provides a platform for parents where they can learn about the various school activities through newsletters and bulletins.
As children receive attention from both their parents and teachers, it helps in creating a positive atmosphere for student learning. The parents' involvement also creates a positive impact on the student's overall performance, including extra co-curricular and sports.
Security breaches impacting academic institutions have been an ongoing issue for years. It is important to safeguard the private information which an institution obtains regarding children and their parents. Institutions must identify efficient ways to safely store data rather than simply storing it in a cabinet.
This is where the benefits of student information system can really be helpful. When employing a reliable system as a method for data security, an institution can secure digital files through data encryption.
Most SISs today are cloud-based and store data that is completely safe, confidential, and on a unified platform. Schools can secure data by using the power of cloud security. They are able to access any information remotely and securely. Schools may relax knowing that their data is secure because it helps to reduce data misuse. All sensitive information is further protected by cloud technologies, which limit access to the data to those who are permitted to see it.
Common Solution for Numerous Branches
Due to the fact that reputable educational institutions have multiple branches, school administration can control student data for any branch from anywhere using the same SIS. As part of a traditional format, a central office might use software to oversee branches. The ability to allocate permissions to branches and grant each one particular access to the features resides with the person or individuals appointed as administrators.
The same system would have to be installed on all campuses of the institution. The different branches can perform the following functions with a centralized system:
- Branches may be authorized to engage and interact with one another to share information and academic resources.
- It could be useful for institutions with central branch rules and regulations to implement a system software that could notify parents about fees and take payments directly through the platform.
- School branch fees might well be collected in a centralized bank, and then revenues may be distributed to branches if there is centralized management.
- Another alternative for fee management is for the central office to simply permit each branch of the institution to receive payments in its own individual bank account and report it to the central office.
The school's administration's main responsibility is to monitor its branches' financial and technical effectiveness. How to select a SIS depends on some of the questions. Is the branch making every effort to fill its capacity for enrollment to the optimum number of students? When it comes to collecting fees, are they adhering to the schedule or behind schedule? If that's so, why? Are students happy with their education, or are there any concerns? If so, are these concerns being communicated to teachers and parents via the school administration platform? These and additional concerns are addressed in routine analysis by making wise decisions about using SIS software. This, however, implies that the system you select must have school ERP functions and the competence to monitor each branch's operations.
Thus, multi-campus administration can be managed in a tailored way. As a result, school administration can readily obtain consolidated student data from a single location.
How to Solve the Common Challenges Faced While Using an SIS?
Every aspect of student life, from enrollment until graduation and maybe beyond, is impacted by a this system, which is the foundation of any academic institution. An institution relies on the SIS to efficiently handle information, particularly at colleges, universities, and schools with minimal resources.
There will always be challenges with student information systems, but frequently the concern is not with the technology itself but rather how the institution is making use of it. How can institutions improve their strategy on account of the problems they are facing? Three of the most commonly faced challenges are as follows:
Lack of Efficient Staff Training
Unproductive employee training not only creates bigger challenges for personnel to carry out their tasks successfully, but it also tends to make students feel less secure.
The first action to address this issue is to give comprehensive SIS staff training so that they can eventually help students excel. Ensure also that the training being provided is:
Every day there is a new challenge or technological innovation that the teaching staff and school counseling groups must understand to use effectively. As a result, they require frequent occasions to partake in in-depth training about issues that are particularly relevant to their job role and also the SIS.
All teachers and administrators require access to the different features of SIS at a certain time throughout the day in order to monitor students' performance. The interaction among departments within every person must be effective for better use of an SIS. The system should be easy to understand, and the personnel should be trained for efficient communication.
Absence of Efficient and Consistent Technical Support
Teachers and employees will eventually need professional technical assistance when using the SIS. Without proper instruction, a certain degree of poor SIS administration is completely unavoidable, which could also lead to inefficiencies and inconsistency.
The key to solving this difficulty is to have accessible technical support. Technical assistance is available in a range of methods, such as the following:
Internally offered assistance
This can be given in person or over the internet. In this case, an institution has the capability of providing its own assistance while simultaneously interacting with the SIS provider, who can assist with more challenging tasks that fall outside the scope of most faculties.
Technical assistance from the provider
This assistance service is provided directly by the company that makes the SIS. It often comprises thorough online instruction regarding how to utilize every feature of their technology platform in addition to having both live chat and phone support. Workers can get in contact with an individual who's familiar with the application professionally and can answer any queries right away.
What is student information system’s role? SIS providers consistently release system upgrades and patches to improve and expand the system's functioning and, at times, satisfy legal obligations, such as changes made to the rules governing the administration of financial assistance.
Lack of Proper Tracking and Recording of the Student Data
Technical problems, user error, and a lack of proper training pose challenges for institutions to maintain and manage information about students. The following strategies can improve departments in managing this broad component of the institution:
Determine the Need for the Records and Documents
Identify the kind of records that must be maintained. What is SIS’s requirement? Is it necessary to keep a digital record of every student who has enrolled or studied at the institution? Or are SIS documents simply necessary for recently admitted applicants, graduates, and present students?
Easy and Effective Method for Record Tracking
Establish a productive procedure for keeping track of these records. Indicate which individuals will be in charge of maintaining certain data and in what sections. As a result, adding new data to the database will be simpler, routinely make changes to the data present and carry out other activities as required.
Proper Training on How to Use an SIS
Provide staff with training for the proper operation of the system. Ensure that the staff is informed about the data that must be recorded, the deadline for doing so, and the individuals who have access to certain files.
Ensure the Recording and Managing of Students' Grades and Attendance
Make sure teachers have a system to record student attendance and grades for every class period they deliver. This makes it possible to get accurate data at any point during the school year about student attendance and scores obtained in every subject.
Why Teachmint's Student Information System is Schools' Favorite?
Teachmint's system is a component of its all-encompassing Integrated School Platform. The solution serves as a relief to almost every challenging task faced during the operations of school administration, teaching, and learning.
Here below are some unique offerings of the Teachmint SIS that will give you multiple reasons to choose SIS:
The All-Encompassing Student Directory
Every school has a set of essential data which is digitally saved and organized in the form of a centralized database. Teachmint includes excellent features and functions that provide easy access for maintaining and handling data records. In order to handle the massive amount of data used in a school and deliver relevant information to different stakeholders, effective and promising SIS software is needed.
The student directory forms the center of the system. The directory plays the role of a central repository of all the data a school needs before these records can be utilized for various functions. A great feature of Teachmint's database management is the potential to properly structure the vast data and remove unnecessary information. With the help of the ideal tools, gathering students' data and other relevant documentation is made quite easier.
Teachmint offers a system with a streamlined, centralized set of data, or the students' directory, that includes certain functions such as the following:
Overall Student Data
This section of the student directory majorly contains basic information about the student, such as their name, class, section, and contact information. The users such as teachers, administration departments, students and parents can easily access the SIS application for this data. It is easily obtained utilizing the application's search function or the use of different filters such as class, gender, and more. Furthermore, the system's essential interface is the ease with which data can be updated, and new students may be added.
A Summary of Each Student's Profile
As the name implies, this section includes a brief overview of the student's data for briefing purposes. It commonly includes a student's enrollment information, academic records, and family information. Additionally, it can provide an update on application submission, a budget analysis, and, if necessary, transportation data for school administrators. The section also contains information regarding the most current number of items issued from the school inventory and the books which were issued from the library by the student. This data helps in keeping track of the resources in the school inventory and library and also takes appropriate measures if and whenever needed.
Personalized Student Data
The section comprises the basic information of a student. The information includes their name, residential address, parents and guardian details, medical details, details regarding the last educational institution the student attended, and other additional details. All the information and the other documents provided by every student are organized in the proper manner in the document section of the application. All the information stored can easily be modified. The settings tab of this section acts as the control center of the student directory. It is quite easy to add a certain amount of information or allow it to be accessed by the selected stakeholders through the settings tab.
Comprehensive Report Management
The central dashboard on the system provides a computerized report of each student. Once the teacher or the other staff has submitted the assessment data and results to the system, a visual report with graphical data is presented. The graphical data and reports help in making the teacher's evaluation process easier for them.
The reports also help the teachers understand the weaker points of the students and work on them. As a result, they can discover new strategies to help the students improve in areas where they are lacking. The tools used in SIS have a very simple framework that helps in the easy preparation of various kinds of student reports.
School Report Cards
An examination is a crucial part of an academic session. The exam results define the students' understanding and progress in a subject and class. Conducting an examination and processing the result is a hassle in itself. A whole lot of paperwork, time and effort is needed to conduct an examination.
Teachers and other staff members face many challenges while summarizing the examination results in a school. Creating report cards, entering each detail manually, printing the report cards and reprinting some copies in the event of an error are just a couple of the challenges faced when creating a conventional report card.
With the use of Teachmint, teachers may streamline the process of retrieving marks on online examinations. Teachers can easily customize the scoring structure and how a report card should present a student's progress. The teachers have access to the report cards of every student they teach. They also have access to the exam-by-exam assessments.
All the class teachers have access to the assessment report of each subject's examination for each student. Teachers can easily build a thorough exam-by-exam report for a student using the results of all the subjects' exams. This feature helps teachers to know the student's weak points and add remarks on their reports on how to improve their scores. The students can use this feature to get good marks by putting in extra effort on the subjects that demand the major focus.
Student Progress Report
The system has a segment that maintains records of students' yearly progress reports. The year-by-year progress of a particular student can be analyzed using these reports. Teachers can evaluate students' performance, decide on a course of action, and take steps to enhance the student's productivity where it needs to be.
Classroom Evaluation Reports
The centralized database of the software also stores information regarding a student's academic participation in the classroom, including attendance, assignments, and tests. Each student's performance is determined using the following factors: the average percentage of the homework completed and assignments submitted, and the tests were taken and their result and the attendance percentage in a particular class.
The system also has features that help teachers create reports on a class's collective classroom performance.
The report for the overall performance of the class includes the average number of assignments submitted, the participation of the students in the various activities, the number of the students who took the tests and the average attendance of a class. An average report for the full class strength is created by the SIS and is later analyzed by the teachers and other staff.
The simple and user-friendly design of the student attendance section is beneficial for the use by the teachers, administrators and the senior authorities such as the school Principal or the owner of the school. The users have all-day, anytime access, which enables easy management of the data. Furthermore, being capable of recording and reporting attendance without any issue or error is another critical feature that simplifies the process for the person who is in charge of attendance.
Every day's attendance is depicted by an effortlessly created automated chart that perfectly demonstrates the number of students attending or missing the class. The users also have access to any missed or unrecorded attendances. Each student's attendance record incorporates fields for their name, class, roll number, registration number, and attendance in the details part.
There are thorough class-specific attendance summary cards that list the title of the class, the name of the class teacher, the attendance score, etc. There is a section named as "institute attendance trends' which depicts the everyday and monthly statistical data on the attendance records of each student in a date-wise manner. To make it easy for the teachers, the reports and findings include details regarding any classes with unmarked attendance and whether the student participation in certain classes is less than 75%.
Why is it important?
Reports play an important role in every activity in a large organization. A school is one of the biggest organizations with hundreds of students, dozens of teachers and staff members and only a few administrative personnel to handle all of it. Creating manual reports on the different functions in a school can be a very tedious task. Thus, every school needs Teachmint to help them easily organize and create reports with ease and no error. The database saves a lot of space instead of storing bundles of paper. The reports are customizable and detailed to help the users easily assess each piece of information.
Hassle-free Library Management
All schools must focus on better library administration and provide their students with a range of extra books other than their course books. The importance of school information system is also the library management feature helps the students to find, browse, borrow, issue, and return books with unique search options. The students are easily able to renew their library membership, pay their fines and return their books on time. The students and librarian also have access to the details regarding the borrowed books, place certain books on hold, and request for some books. This conveniently cuts down on the amount of time required for manual processing.
The school information system can be highly beneficial in the library section of a school. The school administrators can get the following functions from Teachmint's library management system to facilitate simple management and organization of the library:
- The information for the library is all presented in one place.
- It is simple to input book details so that new books can be added to the library. According to the frequency of new books and their relevance, the operation can be accomplished through the addition of large datasets or by individuals inputting the book information into the database.
- Go through the list of the books you want to read.
- One can easily find out the issue date, number of the book, and contact details for the person who last issued the book.
- Easily filter through all of the books to see only those that are accessible or issued to a student.
- The simple organization makes it easier to locate books and determine their availability. It is also helpful to grasp the necessities of new books.
- The system enables the imposition of a fine in case of a late return, damage to the book or any other reason.
What would be the importance of school information system to use if it did not also have extra features like course libraries, online book issuance, smart and user-friendly search criteria, and book tracking?
Why is it important?
A library is a huge place with a large number of study resources in it. Maintaining a library and keeping track of each book manually might become challenging at certain times. With the help of an SIS, it becomes easy to manage a library. With the help of the various functions and tools provided by Teachmint's system, you can create an advanced library for your school.
Insightful Transport Management
The system includes a transport management function that helps keep the relevant information regarding the location, stops, condition and timing of the school vehicles. The technology can be used to provide students with real-time details about the vehicle. It also notifies the parents and the students about any diversion or a brief stopping of the vehicle in any unforeseen situation.
The features also allow teachers, parents, and children to receive updates on bus routes, timetable modifications, and departure and arrival times. An essential and distinct feature of Teachmint's system is the real-time GPS tracking of school transportation. This feature makes it feasible for school administration and parents to easily find the school vehicle's location.
The school administration can also receive student transportation fees with the software's school transportation module.
Why is it important?
The safety and security of one's child are every parent's primary concern. With the help of very elaborate and detailed transport management, Teachmint makes sure that each student reaches the school and gets back to their home safely.
Different User Profiles
Each stakeholder is offered a different profile, and the functionality changes with who the stakeholder is. For example, when creating an account on Teachmint, the parent will choose the corresponding profile. This profile is called the Parent App. Similarly, the profile of the student is called Student App; for teachers, it is the Teacher App, and so on.
Why is it important?
The allocation of different profiles to concerned individuals helps alleviate the risks associated with data privacy.
Moreover, it simplifies the comprehension of the solution. A person will have a set of options that are suitable for their use. Thereby eliminating confusion and chaos.
Intelligent Automation at its Peak
One of the most striking features of SIS is its seamless automation. Once the student directory and teacher directory are set up, and all the information is in place, the software will be able to automatically generate a lot of important documents such as student performance reports, fee receipts, certificates, ID cards, and more.
Why is it important?
Automation is the ultimate requirement of today's fast-paced era. There is no point in assigning extra staff for a task that can be executed via intelligent software. With all the effort involved in updating the directories once, your staff can merrily enjoy the automatically curated materials with just a few clicks!
Selecting an excellent student information system such as the one by Teachmint may benefit you in managing all aspects of your institute's administration. Such a system would be advantageous for staff, teachers, and students. Among the primary and most prominent benefits associated with setting up an SIS is that it boosts efficiency for all parties engaged in the school cycle while saving time and effort. Benefits of a student information system for academic institutions helps in improving school operations and giving teachers more freedom to improve student results.
An SIS is a rising solution that improves how educational resources are consumed by teachers, administration, and students. It is a tool for institutions to improve the student and staff experience by making themselves more available and productive. So, accelerate your school’s progressive journey today with Teachmint’s SIS tools!